What's new

How do you drink your tea?

Where do you get your stevia? Around here people seem to think it's illegal, and what I am asking for is akin to cocaine or something.

For me (I'm serious this time):
When I make pitcher of tea - 3 family size black tea, 3-4 small green tea (both Lipton), plus Splenda/sugar blend

If making hot tea:
black - usually honey or splenda
green - varies: sometimes with honey, sometimes splenda, sometimes straight
other various 'flavored' - honey or splenda

I usually just use lipton from grocery store: I drink waaay too much tea to acquire a taste for the expensive stuffs, though they are good!

For black tea, just a splash of milk.

If I'm having a rough or early morning, I'm partial to Peppermint tea with cream and sugar...

For green tea, a drizzle of honey.

+1 ouch for the Python reference! :lol:

I like Twinings Earl Grey, straight.

One thing I learned from watching Japanese tea ceremonies is to be sure your cups are pre-warmed with the remaining tea water. Keeps everything nice and warm for a good long time.

I like Twinings Earl Grey, straight.

Still hanging in there after 300 years of satisfying customers :). Sadly, I've yet to develop a taste for Earl Grey. I wonder if I'm just not a fan of bergamot orange or have yet to discover a blend I prefer (shrug).

One thing I learned from watching Japanese tea ceremonies is to be sure your cups are pre-warmed with the remaining tea water. Keeps everything nice and warm for a good long time.

Warming the equipment also prevents solids (e.g., tannins) from separating out, which can result in cloudy tea.

Just a spot of milk.

I really like Twinings Earl Grey and Ceylon Breakfast

In fact I'm going to go make a cup of the Ceylon right now.

Seriously, before I got to college I didn't know tea came in anything but two varietys: tea and un-sweet tea! :biggrin:

However, since then my tastes have grown:

most black teas: straight
earl grey: straight or a little milk
greens: straight or a slice of lemon
herbals: straight
iced: with enough sugar to kill most creatures

Lately, I have been on a bit of lapsang souchong with a bit of yerba mate kick. I blend it myself as I just happened to have both and it seemed like a good idea. Hmm, time to make some I believe.

To me their is only one rule, never add suger, sometimes honey, milk or a dash of lemon is good.

Right now i'm enjoing my Lady Gray with an Montecristo nr.2

(Wife is in Copenhagen on Shopping and I have the house to myself since the kids are sleeping:smile:)

I hate coffee and only drink tea. I dont have milk in my room bc I dont have a fridge, stupid rules, or honey, or sugar, so I have grown accustomed to drinking tea straight. I like it and it is probably the best way to "get the flavor" as you say.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Generally speaking, I like my teas like good marriages ... unadulterated.

On occasion, I will do the following. Mix 50% strong, dark tea with 25% milk or cream and 25% scotch. This beverage is then stored in Thermos-brand thermos, taken aboard a small fishing boat, and then drunk in a choppy sea and (hopefully) wind and rain from a mug which has been rinsed out in the ocean moments before (and not dried.)

Top Bottom