What's new

Benton's Bacon. Damn!

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
A friend of mine sent this my way and I have to tell you that this bacon is outstanding. I usually get bacon from my local butcher and although it is good, the flavor just doesn't come close to this. Check it out...

full

full

full

I could not get over how powerful the hickory smoked aroma permeated through the house.

full

That is some good-looking bacon, right there...

full

The Griswold #10 getting a nice seasoning...

full

That's not a shadow. That is the bacon becoming translucent.

full

Cooking up nice... :yesnod:

full

This is not trick photography. The bacon is all gone. :eek:

full

With some nice pancakes made from scratch and a side of some Benton's hickory smoked bacon, well let's just say it's a nice way to start your day. :thumbup1:

full

Btw, I am in no way affiliated with Benton's Bacon but I wish I was. :biggrin:

You c
an bet I will be ordering more of this from Benton's. I think it is only available online (at least around this part of the country.)

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder what breed of pig that was from, I've only really noticed fat going translucent like that when cooking up lardons of jowls that I cured

Goodness that looks fantastic.

Oh no - I looked up their website:
** Due to demand this product may not ship for 3 weeks or longer** Our hickory smoked country bacon is equally at home on a bacon, lettuce, and vine ripe tomato sandwich or on the breakfast table as it is wrapped around a premier cut of beef or a fish fillet. Hickory smoked in our smokehouse using an old-fashioned wood stove, each slice of our bacon has a distinctive full flavor that has attracted and maintained a broad spectrum of customers, from those looking for smoked bacon “the way grandpa made it” to gourmet chefs with the most distinguishing of tastes. We invite you to try some today! Hickory smoked county bacon comes in 4 approximately 1 pound packages.

$24 for 4 pounds is not bad at all.

Last edited:

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Benton's was one of the bacons I received with my Bacon of the Month Club my wife got me for Xmas last year. Most people have never had a dry cured bacon, the flavor and the texture when it's cooked is superior to a brined product.

Benton's products are world class, and you can feel good about supporting a small businessman and a real artisan when you buy from Alan. He's as good as they come, and his dedication to his work really comes through in the meat. Now, if you thought you liked his bacon, wait until you try his country hams!

Benton's products are world class, and you can feel good about supporting a small businessman and a real artisan when you buy from Alan. He's as good as they come, and his dedication to his work really comes through in the meat. Now, if you thought you liked his bacon, wait until you try his country hams!

I added a small package of country ham meat to my order of bacon. I'm doomed.

Yes, you are. But it's the best kind of doomed, really. Don't feel bad when you develop a nasty case of PPAD (Pork Products Acquisition Disorder).

My sister lives in Knoxville, which makes me the easiest brother in the world to by presents for since she discovered Benton's. My hunting buddies will not allow me to bring it to elk camp as they are convinced we'll be attacked by gourmet grizzlies.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Shouldn't a pound of that be heading Bob's way as a finder's fee?

And shouldn't a half pound be heading my way for pointing that out?

Capital idea!
How's about BLT's at my house? (1/2 lb. on each sandwich and then we'll go for pizza. :eek: )

Top Bottom