What's new

TOBS Grapefruit Shave Cream

I recently ordered it, received it and used it! The scent is intoxicating, the slickness and cushioning is also there. My only concern: It may render my cholesterol Rx useless (my witty humor...don't drink grapefruit juice with statins).

At the end of the day, TOBS creams are great performers, have wonderful scents, and overall are a tremendous value.

I recently ordered it, received it and used it! The scent is intoxicating, the slickness and cushioning is also there. My only concern: It may render my cholesterol Rx useless (my witty humor...don't drink grapefruit juice with statins).

At the end of the day, TOBS creams are great performers, have wonderful scents, and overall are a tremendous value.

Couldn't agree with you more. Prior to this their avocado was my favorite cream, but now this far and away my favorite. That grapefruit scent is so tangy and fresh. It's unbelievable.

Max

I was just thinking about starting a thread about this! I ordered a sample of TOBS Grapefruit from Garry's Sample Shop and tried it yesterday morning, fantastic! I finished with Lucky Tiger Aftershave and Face Tonic, which made for a great combination. I then ordered some of each!

I recently received some. I ordered directly from TOBS site, which was right before Phil started carrying it. (Sorry Phil, I prefer to order from you.) It's a great cream! The scent isn't artificial. My only complaint is it isn't mentholated, however this can easily be solved with TSD M-Bomb.

When I first used it I thought the scent was too strong. My wife could still smell it after the shave although she liked it which doesn't happen often. Second outing I thought the scent had calmed down a bit. Great lather and performance. It's nice to see a long established company like Taylor's not afraid to try a non traditional product.

Couldn't agree with you more. Prior to this their avocado was my favorite cream, but now this far and away my favorite. That grapefruit scent is so tangy and fresh. It's unbelievable.

Max

My tub of the Grapefruit cream came in the mail 2 days ago and I've used it twice now. Makes a very good lather but for me,the highlight is the wonderful scent. It has such a fresh and genuine fresh grapefruit scent. I've tried most of the TOBS scents and for me,this is by far the best and most genuine. Some of their other scents(like Coconut),smell phony and like candy. A++++ on the Grapefruit however,

Craig

trust me, it'd take a lot of grapefruit juice to diminish the efficacy of the statins. Those warnings are more CYA than anything else. I gotta get a tub of this stuff. I have a whole tub of the TOBS shaving shop that's never been opened. I just need to find somebody who wants to trade me their grapefruit for it

I guess I need to order a sample. I'm really a fan of the Eton College, which has a lot of citrus smell. How does the grapefruit compare? Does it smell purely like grapefruit? Does it have other underlying scents?

I guess I need to order a sample. I'm really a fan of the Eton College, which has a lot of citrus smell. How does the grapefruit compare? Does it smell purely like grapefruit? Does it have other underlying scents?

Hey Chris,

To me,this cream smells absolutely and solely like freshly cut grapefruit.,I did not detect any underlying scents.If you like grapefruit scent,THIS is your cream !

Craig

I tried a TOBS Grapefruit and Proraso Green superlather this morning, fantastic! The menthol and grapefruit go very well together and the lather was VERY thick. I didn't get weepers in any of my usual spots, though I did get one on my chin, which I'm blaming on the fact that I was being a little over zealous on my chin.

Top Bottom