What's new

eshave avocado and linden hard soap

anyone have any thoughts on this particular offering, or any of the other eshave hard soaps?

Drew

roughrider said:
Ron will probably know the answer. :biggrin:
RR, you know how to make me feel bad! I have every one of their creams and not one of the hard soaps. I can say this, they come in nice looking bowls, if you order a bowl and not a refill... Nickel, gunmetal, and goldplate!:tongue:
Sorry I could not be more helpful gents.

This stuff rocks compared to their cream. I have been very surprised by its performance and would recommend it.

Hi Drew. I wish I could add something useful to the conversation but alas, I have not bit the bullet and purchased one of the eshave soaps. I am more inclined to the Mandarin version since, well, no one else makes a mandarin hard soap. I have tried the creams and the White Tea scent is spectacular. If that scent was available in the soaps, I know which one I would order first!

And for our own Lathermeister, no apology necessary. Your fantastic reviews, photos, and writing manner led me and several others to all those great Franco soaps. Not to mention all the other great items you have reviewed. Maybe I will be one of the first around here to jump on the eshave soaps. Yes indeed. That Mandarin is calling to me.

Regards, Todd

eShave soaps are really nice; both lavender and linden avocado are part of my rotation. Their scents are quite straightforward and just strong enough if you ask me. Performance wise, they fare just as good as the other quality french soaps. Contrary to Ron though, I'm not fond of their coverless, small metal bowls. Fortunately, the soap size is a perfect match for an Anchor bowl. :biggrin:

As for the linden avocado in particular, its scent is similar to Provence Santé's but with more punch to it. Some may find it too floral, but I'm partial to linden scented stuff. This said, it is FAR from being intoxicating like, say, Pré de Provence.

If you can find these pucks at a decent price, I highly recommand them. :wink:

Noc.

eShave soaps are really nice; both lavender and linden avocado are part of my rotation. Their scents are quite straightforward and just strong enough if you ask me. Performance wise, they fare just as good as the other quality french soaps. Contrary to Ron though, I'm not fond of their coverless, small metal bowls. Fortunately, the soap size is a perfect match for an Anchor bowl. :biggrin:

As for the linden avocado in particular, its scent is similar to Provence Santé's but with more punch to it. Some may find it too floral, but I'm partial to linden scented stuff. This said, it is FAR from being intoxicating like, say, Pré de Provence.

If you can find these pucks at a decent price, I highly recommand them. :wink:

Noc.

Agree whole-heartedly. I think the linden/avocado is a near-clone of Provence Sante in both scent and performance, and PS is one of my favorites on both counts. I bought two pucks on sale a while back and wish I'd bought out the rest of their stock.

Mandarin is only so-so. The Linden/Avocado is better, but to me it smells and performs similarly to C&E SAO, which is a LOT less money.

Mandarin is only so-so. The Linden/Avocado is better, but to me it smells and performs similarly to C&E SAO, which is a LOT less money.

I hate floral scents usually but love the smell of linden blossoms. The smell is bang on and the soap smells are not as strong as their creams. Personally I don't think the Linden/Avocado smells like the C&E SAO. I can't stand the smell of the C&E SAO as it gives me a headache and find it way to floral.

I hate floral scents usually but love the smell of linden blossoms. The smell is bang on and the soap smells are not as strong as their creams. Personally I don't think the Linden/Avocado smells like the C&E SAO. I can't stand the smell of the C&E SAO as it gives me a headache and find it way to floral.

Funny how scents are different for different people. My wife said she really liked it, but said "Don't you already have this one?" referring to the SAO.

Top Bottom