Pants...cuffed or not?

Pants...cuffed or not?

• Yes

• No

• Art is King.

Results are only viewable after voting.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
I was just wondering, do you like to wear your pants (suit, dress, sport and/or corduroy [any others I forgot?), cuffed or not?
And why I might ask?
proxy.php

For me, I have to go 'way back' to when my dearly departed Father told me that the difference between dressed and well-dressed is all in the cuffs (shirt & pants).
What was I to do but 'look, listen and learn'?
proxy.php

He explained that cuffed pants (because of the extra material), keeps your pants looking sharp and professional, keeps a crease better and won't roll up your leg from any possible 'static cling' from your soaks.

Of course I believed my 'ole man' and later in my life, I've never owned a pair of pants that were not cuffed (with exception to tuxedo pants, jeans and military uniforms of course).

attachment.php
[FONT=&amp]"[/FONT][FONT=&amp]You cannot climb the ladder of success dressed in the costume of failure[/FONT][FONT=&amp]".[/FONT][FONT=&amp] Zig Ziglar[/FONT]

Last edited:
He explained that cuffed pants (because of the extra material), keeps your pants looking sharp and professional, keeps a crease better and won't roll up your leg from any possible 'static cling' from your soaks. [FONT=&amp][/FONT]

I never have worn cuffed pants by choice, only because when I was younger my parents would cuff my pants when they didn't fit right in the first place. That thinking has always stuck with me.

Though the points you make here are very compiling reasons to try out the cuffed lifestyle.

I appreciate a cuffed trouser, but for the last few years (since Mad Men debuted) it just looks a little dated - particularly in suiting. Of course, your look must be dependent on your line of work. I have a salesman friend who used to deal in PVC piping and waste disposal systems. His clientele was generally a blue collar, fun loving group of guys. as much as my buddy wanted to wear cufflinks, for instance, he knew he would get laughed out of all of his meetings for wearing them. so he didn't. Conversely, I think the same is true currently with cuffed trousers. Some industries just tend to be a bit more fashion-forward than others, and, as dumb as it sounds, you might raise an eyebrow or two if you show up with your suit cuffed. Reality bites.

Last edited:
I select cuffs according to how my pants will hang. Uncuffed for those I wear with braces (so anything I wear with a jacket, generally); cuffed for the belted, apart form jeans. I do have some cuffed suit trousers from when I was also told that cuffs keep a crease better, but nightly use of the trouser press has made that a bit of a moot point.

In the UK everyone was wearing them 20 years ago. Wearing cuffed pants here (called turn-ups in the UK) just looks like you've not changed your wardrobe since the millennium.

I do a little bit of both. I have a pair of black trousers that are cuffed that I quite like, but the majority of the others are not. Honestly, I didn't even know the black ones were cuffed when I bought them -- they were just a really good deal so I had to pick them up :)

I need a "no preference" option, please.

Maybe some here don't know the story of cuffed pants...So here it is...Read it!
A very long , long time ago there was a very famous wedding,no,I don't know who, here in America. The rich and famous from all over the world came.
One guest was a Prince or King, or something, from Europe. It had rained the night b/4 and he didn't want to get his suit pants wet going to the wedding,
so he put in a cuff. He got to the wedding and forgot to remove the cuff. The backward Americans saw this and thought that this must be the latest
fashion in Europe...The next day men all over the country were putting cuffs on pants!....:laugh: What maroons....:lol::lol:

I loathe cuffed pants. They are the same as not having your pants hemmed in my mind.

No, I don't know why, that's just how I've always felt.

Top Bottom