What's new

Attention Darwin Razor Owners

Thanks guys!
I cleaned it thoroughly (damn those ridges full of nastiness) and used it this morning with a gillette yellow. Wow! After almost 3 weeks with the Mühle R41, this razor feels way different although I feel I still need to adjust for the right angle. Very nice so far!
If I find the time I'll do my best to give it a serious polish.

Well now, gregindallas still uses his Darwin Deluxe. It's my primary double edge for years. I fairly recently found a travel case for the razor so it's going to get to "see the world" with me now as my job tends to plant me in odd places for extended periods of time. Still have a soft spot for Rolls as well.:biggrin:

Attachments

• $DSCN1677rolls.jpg
    $DSCN1677rolls.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 586
  • $DSCN1590(1)rolls.jpg
    $DSCN1590(1)rolls.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 584
Greggindallas, nice to know you still have yours. It is the most efficient razor I have ever used. I have to ask tho...where did you get that travel case? Repurposed from another razor? It looks like it fits perfectly. Thanks.

I've been buying and trying various cases looking for one that would suite the Darwin. The Darwin handle is just a little to long and fat for most. I was about to talk to the guys at the harness shop in town to see about having something made in leather when I saw this case on ebay. Empty and no name for a few bucks so "what the heck?". It fits very well, closes and the contents stay in place when tossed around. I like it. Still may go see the leather guys though.

This might seem a little silly but I see other threads trying to get a count of how many people own a certain type of rare razor. I would like to get a definitive count of the Darwin razor owners and which model you own here on B&B. If I misspelled your name or you know longer own it, I apologize and please correct me. My reason for doing this is to figure out how many there actually are and if anyone knows anything else about the history of this razor. Details about this company and it's razors are so hard to come by.

Off the top of my head besides myself (I own a Darwin Deluxe), there are:

MementoMori
Intrigued
Haiku
TheRazorSleepsForNoOne
Barefoot Joe (his razor is enroute)
GreginDallas (not sure though as I believe he moved on to straights)

There have to be more owners than that. Surely this company didn't produce 20 razors and go out of business. :001_smile I have become increasingly fascinated with this razor as it is the best shaving instrument I have ever used. I am sure some of you have seen me singing its' praises before and I have said I am trying not to love it as much as I do due to my SE collection (and 10 year SE blade stash) but I shaved with it this morning and had my best shave ever.

Ultimately, I will be doing more experimenting with the razors that I do own but I am pretty sure that my RAD is probably dead and I will make a decision on liquidating most of my small collection. I do love my Ever Ready Streamline too so I may keep that as my razor during my work week (using my Darwin on the weekends) until I exhaust my SE blades and then I would sell them off. Or I may like the Darwin Deluxe so much, I liquidate the collection soon! You never know. :w00t:

In advance, thank you for your participation in this thread.

I just bought a Darwin at an auction and would love to know its value. It looks the same as the photos posted in this thread, but it's packaged in a small leather case, which suggests it's a "travel razor." It's in great shape and still has the blade. Can anybody estimate the value?

I own both a Darwin Deluxe and a Darwin Universal. Neither is in great condition, unfortunately, and I'm still working on that fact. Hm, that's something I can do today.

The Deluxe Model with case Mint Condition, instructions and outer shipping box, I havent bought it yet, but i can Dream, Can't I :001_tt2:

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
Nahhh just Dreaming a little and if i did see one i would tell you about it but only if it had a BIN Price and after i Purchased it :001_tt2:

You may have to keep dreaming, 'cause I've never seen a cased Deluxe that still had the outer shipping box, let alone the instructions.
proxy.php

I'll let you look at mine again to help you focus your dreams. :innocent:
$Darwin Deluxe & Bijou on tile.jpg $Dawin Deluxe & Bijou on tile 2.jpg

..... and no you can't have it, it's mine. :001_tt2:

I recently acquired a couple of old Razors and a quick search of Darwin Razors has brought me to this thread on this forum. One of the razors is a Darwin Reg'd No RD 710725. I take it these things are supposed to be special?

Yes, they're pretty rare, and have drawn some pretty high prices. Most of their models are made from a Cobalt Steel (which was the primary business of the company), and are very attractive. There's also some evidence that there was hand work in these razors (dimensional inconsistencies, tool marks, etc). Let's see some pictures!

And, welcome to B&B!

I recently acquired a couple of old Razors and a quick search of Darwin Razors has brought me to this thread on this forum. One of the razors is a Darwin Reg'd No RD 710725. I take it these things are supposed to be special?

I have now satisfied my RAD. I now have a Darwin 'Original' cased, A Darwin Standard uncased, A Darwin Standard cased, a Darwin Deluxe cased and a two piece Darwin Adjustable cased. The last was one was acquired through a trade. A heavy cost was exacted requiring me to release my beloved British Aristocrats, however, given that I love the Darwins it was a sacrifice worth making. Photos later this week as I a am traveling now.

Those are quite honestly the most beautiful DE razors I've ever seen.

I'm not an owner yet... but just wait till I get some disposable income... How do they shave?

Top Bottom