What's new

The Last Movie You Watched?

Searching for Sugarman, 10/10
Lawrence of Arabia, 8/10 but need to see it again
Drive, 8/10 can't take your eyes off Gosling's performance.

Argo, streamed over Vudu, and was really impressed. The last 60 minutes is edge of your seat stuff. Lots of controversy about the minimizing what the Canadian Embassy did and exagerating what the CIA did....and Jimmy Carter's narration at the end. But ignore all that. I'm old enough to remember all this and was just blown away by this movie.

Blade Runner, original theatrical release, is one of my favorites. No love for the Star Wars series from me.

the next three days. 9/10

it's a crime thriller, it had plenty of suspense and kept me at the edge of my seat a few times throughout. the story was good and the acting was well done imo.

i thought it would be predictable, some parts were but others fooled me.

the next three days. 9/10

it's a crime thriller, it had plenty of suspense and kept me at the edge of my seat a few times throughout. the story was good and the acting was well done imo.

i thought it would be predictable, some parts were but others fooled me.

I really liked that one too. Russell Crowe is great in it and it is well directed.

I had a Tarantino Evening yesterday.

Django Unchained: I expected a little bit more from this one. I didn't like Jamie Foxx as Django. There is nothing badass about him. But Christoph Waltz, Samuel L Jackson and Leonardo DiCaprio delivered wonderful prefomace. Still good western. 7,5/10

Inglourious Basterds: I enjoyed this one much more. Violent, good dialogues and Christoph Waltz as sick SS colonel. Well done. 8,5/10

Battleship. Great effects. Bad acting. D-bag hero. Dreadful, clichéd "plot" (barely deserves to be called plot.)

Basically someone was so short of ideas that they contrived a movie based on how the game of battleships works. With aliens.

I am the Jury. It was the year 1981 version of this Mike Hammer Story. In one scene Hammer's secretary Velda nicely straight shaved him in his office chair. :001_smile They wouldn't rate it anymore to a prohibited from under 18-years old -category, like they did 30 years ago. Not so bad than I feared anyhow. But I mostly go to movies because the atmosphere of the Art Deco styled theater interior, built in 1927 and renovated about ten years ago, where they show mostly old classics on a very cheap price. So I hope they'll show the older version too sometimes. It would maybe fit better to the place.

Last edited:
under the tuscan sun, 6/10. not a bad movie, but it is a bit predictable. I do like me some diane lane though.

it was my wife's b-day, and she gets to do whatever she wants so we watched that.

The Cowboy Way. I'm in a class away from home for a few weeks, so I'm subject to whatever's on TV. I forgot how good this movie is. I'd say 7.5/10

Journey 2: The Mysterious Island - If you have seen the first movie (Journey to the Center of the Earth), then you will like this. SWMBO loved it.

Top Bottom