What's new

Favorite TOBS scent?

The most expensive cream I have bought yet is Proraso Green. I see a lot of people using TOBS creams and am thinking about upping my game and trying one out. I'd kinda like to know what scents you prefer. I don't have sensitive skin and I'm pretty open to most scents. Thanks!

My favourite TOBS is Almond.

It's a good cream - is it that much better than Proraso ? In my opinion, No. Given the right prep, technique, razor, and blade, you won't suffer by comparison using Proraso.

But, the TOBS does smell a lot better...than all Prorasos...in my opinion.

Last edited:
My favourite TOBS is Almond.

It's a good cream - is it that much better than Proraso ? In my opinion, No. Given the right prep, technique, razor, and blade, you won't suffer by comparison using Proraso.

But, the TOBS does smell a lot better...than all Prorasos...in my opinion.

Is there a cream that out performs proraso better than TOBS for around the same price?

I'm a Mr Taylor's guy myself. However, I haven't tried Jermyn St or Eton College, and I suspect that both would probably appeal to me as well. In this price range, I don't know that I've come across a cream that I would take over Proraso or TOBS. If the old Florena were still available I would cast a vote for it based merely on the fact that it was priced around $4 or $5. However, it certainly didn't outperform TOBS or Proraso.

Wow never thought about that. How many shaves does one typically get out of a 1/4 oz?

I've never used them to shave with, just sniffed them to figure out which ones I wanted. Then I passed them on to someone else--either by selling them or just giving them away.

The problem with buying a tub of something is that if you don't like it, then you'll have to sell it at a loss and spend a lot on shipping. Since the TOBS only sells for $15, that means that you'll lose about half just to try it out. That's why you'll be money ahead by buying the samplers, and it's especially true for the scents that you can't define (e.g. Eton College, St. James, Shave Shop, etc.). Lastly, very often you'll find that the scents which are the most popular are not necessarily the ones that you would choose yourself.

Last edited:
Avocado. I like the freshness of the scent, although it doesn't last beyond the shave. Great lather and lubrication, like all TOBS. You can't go wrong.

Before I switched to soaps, my TOBS favorites were Sandalwood (now using TOBS Sandalwood soap) and Rose. I would second the recommendation for trying samples; Sandalwood might be strong for your sensitive skin. The Rose is to die for! I still have some of that!

I havne't tried them all, but I love the scent of Mr. Taylor's. More importantly though, my fiancé digs it

LOL, Pistol. You're thread said what I wanted to say, so I just replaced a few words

Top Bottom