What's new

The Suggestion Box

The Mess Hall and the Speak Easy have recipe threads, have you considered some listing rating of cigars, pipe tobaccos and even possibly brown leaf accessories, like tampers, cigar cutters etc?
Someplace a new guy can go and see what others think is good product.

We currently don't and cannot be involved in any tobacco trades or sales due to some minor legal issues that need to be worked out. Someone is looking into it, and when it happens, the Brown Leaf folks will be the first to know.

Sort of. I guess more like a shopping list kind of thing

Accessories;
Brand x cigar cutter
Likes - cheap, easy to find locally
Dislikes - dull, tends to tear wrapper if not careful

Brand xxx cigar cutter
Likes - Sharp, easy to use one handed
Dislikes - slightly expensive, difficult to find locally

That information could eventually be collated into a single thread somewhere with all of the harvested data in one place.

That is an excellent idea!

I like Hunters idea about a private buy/sell/trade section.

Just to throw out some other ideas?

Maybe a PIF brown leaf thread

Have a review contest where the best review gets a prize?

Blind reviews

We currently don't and cannot be involved in any tobacco trades or sales due to some minor legal issues that need to be worked out. Someone is looking into it, and when it happens, the Brown Leaf folks will be the first to know.
Could you PM me the details?

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I think there should be an addition to the gentleman's essentials that includes a basic primer on pipe tobacco types and links to various resources such as "Pipedia", "Tobacco Reviews", etc. Anything to streamline the beginner's search for the perfect blend.

I think there should be an addition to the gentleman's essentials that includes a basic primer on pipe tobacco types and links to various resources such as "Pipedia", "Tobacco Reviews", etc. Anything to streamline the beginner's search for the perfect blend.
I like that idea, it could cut down on a lot of the repeat basic question threads.

A thread or sticky about a club pipe / cigar sampler would be interesting to me.

I realize those two items are apples and pineapples; a chunk of wood/meerschaum vs tobacco product. The sampler (3-5 diff must-try cigars at a discount) might be accomplished in conjunction with a on-line retailer, while the forum pipe could follow along like last year.

Also, thanks for the thread and I wish you a great stewardship!

(p.s. - that hot chick idea is still a good one and if you have a spell or drug that would make my wife accept, nay, embrace my tobacco use as an aphrodisiac - even better)

Sort of. I guess more like a shopping list kind of thing

Accessories;
Brand x cigar cutter
Likes - cheap, easy to find locally
Dislikes - dull, tends to tear wrapper if not careful

Brand xxx cigar cutter
Likes - Sharp, easy to use one handed
Dislikes - slightly expensive, difficult to find locally

That information could eventually be collated into a single thread somewhere with all of the harvested data in one place.

Great idea.

No details beyond the fact that B&B does not currently permit the sale, trade or PIFing of tobacco products.
If / when that changes, we will let everyone know.
Okay that's cool

That would be good, we do get many "I'm new to pipes/cigars, what do I do next" posts. It would be nice to have one spot to tell people to check out, and another for people that are bit more confident in their smoking to make reviews on different tobaccos.

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
I don't think it would be a bad idea to have one spot where links to different threads and specialized websites are all together, but I would hate to see a basic questions responded to with just a link, and no actual discussion.

So whats the protocol? Can we just have an open thread where we post reviews and recommendations of newbie essentials and what-not and then have it moved to a sticky later?

So whats the protocol? Can we just have an open thread where we post reviews and recommendations of newbie essentials and what-not and then have it moved to a sticky later?

Sure, why not, if the thread takes off and becomes self-sustaining, it can be stickied and/or collated for reference. More than a review section, it would be more like a product and accessory guide. My suggestion would be the format that Phil used in his example, with the addition of where you got it and how much you paid for it as an option as well.

Exactly this. In the past I've added threads to the sticky that have added useful information or showed popular participation. In this case I would sticky whenever you let me know your ready. As steward of The Brown leaf you can add to any of the information or institute new threads and I'll merge, Sticky, or reorganize in any way you like. Just let me know what you need and we'll make it happen.

Sub catagories!

One for Pipes, another for Cigars, another for Cigarettes, Etc

Hookah's, Snuff/Chew/Dip,
That might be a bit much and we don't really take about cigarettes here. I have always seen smokers as an inclusive group, if we started separating the pipe smoking from the cigar smoking it would make enabling that much harder :p

We already are a sub-forum and not a large one at that, I don't think we should categorize much further(if any). Sub forum generation is a demand driven business, if there is a great outcry for one, the mods will make it.

Sub catagories!

One for Pipes, another for Cigars, another for Cigarettes, Etc

Hookah's, Snuff/Chew/Dip,

I agree with Justins' statement. Good answer!

That might be a bit much and we don't really take about cigarettes here. I have always seen smokers as an inclusive group, if we started separating the pipe smoking from the cigar smoking it would make enabling that much harder :p

Commander Quan

At one time the offer was made that we could actually post tobacco and accessory reviews in the Review section of the site, but no one took advantage of it. I do like the standard format of that section, and the fact that it would keep all the reviews for a specific blend, cutter, etc, all together in one place.

Commander Quan

I'm sure the original offer came from Joel, but any of your friendly neighborhood mods should be able to point us in the right direction.

I'm sure there will be a mod popping back in the thread in 3...2...1...

Top Bottom