What's new

The Cult of Streamline - Streamline & Jewel owners

OK...I just shaved with the Streamline. Before giving my opinion of it, remember it had 2 things to overcome before I ever picked it up: 1. The huge amount of hype that has been put out about it here, (Could any razor measure up to some of the things said about it?). 2. The amazing string of shaves I have been getting with my GEM OCMM. With that being said, let me offer my thoughts.

I used a brand new GEM SS coated blade, my Lucite ER brush restored with a silvertip knot, and Proraso Blue shave cream. I really love the weight of the razor. You really feel the razor in your hands and for me, makes it even easier to shave with almost no pressure. Shaving with it, it gives a very loud audible feedback. This is another plus for me. I really enjoy that "scritch" sound while shaving with a SE, (much louder than the OCMM has ever been.) Does it measure up to the hype? I have to give a resounding yes! Is it better than my GEM OCMM? Another resounding yes, but not by leaps and bounds. It's better, but the OCMM is the closest razor I have shaved with to the mighty Streamline. My amazing Streamline gave me a super BBS shave. I think I just had the best shave of my life. Not a weeper or nick. No razor burn anywhere. Very comfortable shave and easy to keep the angle just about anywhere I shaved. I even noticed that there were two spots that I normally have to hit for a touch up, that the Streamline took off in my two passes.
Final verdict:
1.Looks/aesthetics: Perfection.
2.Feel in hand: Best ever.
3.Shave quality: Perfection, (though again, I say the OCMM comes very close to it.)
4.Comfortable shave: Perfection. At one point, I thought I may have had the angle off and I was just running the razor over my face with no blade contact. (The very audible "Scritch" sound proved I was actually shaving.)
5.Worth what I paid: Absolutely!
The only negative I can find with this razor is the fact that I don't believe any other razor will ever be as good as this razor. I think I have reached the pinnacle of razor perfection. :thumbup:

Last edited:
Oh for goodness sake!!!! Remember some of us don't have this razor and never will. What's more this is a British razor and it should be returned to the land of its birth. I am prepared to accept it on behalf of the British people. I await receipt!

Oh for goodness sake!!!! Remember some of us don't have this razor and never will. What's more this is a British razor and it should be returned to the land of its birth. I am prepared to accept it on behalf of the British people. I await receipt!

Your Royal higness Lord John---The American people cannot and wil not return your razors or your land back to the British people. We won them fair and square.

Last edited:
[
The only negative I can find with this razor is the fact that I don't believe any other razor will ever be as good as this razor. I think I have reached the pinnacle of razor perfection. :thumbup:[/QUOTE]

What he said

"No Repatriation without Representation!"
"Give me a Streamline, or Give me Death!"
"I regret that I have but one Streamline to give to my collection!"
:biggrin1:

Another convert. Yes indeed.

OK...I just shaved with the Streamline. Before giving my opinion of it, remember it had 2 things to overcome before I ever picked it up: 1. The huge amount of hype that has been put out about it here, (Could any razor measure up to some of the things said about it?). 2. The amazing string of shaves I have been getting with my GEM OCMM. With that being said, let me offer my thoughts.

I used a brand new GEM SS coated blade, my Lucite ER brush restored with a silvertip knot, and Proraso Blue shave cream. I really love the weight of the razor. You really feel the razor in your hands and for me, makes it even easier to shave with almost no pressure. Shaving with it, it gives a very loud audible feedback. This is another plus for me. I really enjoy that "scritch" sound while shaving with a SE, (much louder than the OCMM has ever been.) Does it measure up to the hype? I have to give a resounding yes! Is it better than my GEM OCMM? Another resounding yes, but not by leaps and bounds. It's better, but the OCMM is the closest razor I have shaved with to the mighty Streamline. My amazing Streamline gave me a super BBS shave. I think I just had the best shave of my life. Not a weeper or nick. No razor burn anywhere. Very comfortable shave and easy to keep the angle just about anywhere I shaved. I even noticed that there were two spots that I normally have to hit for a touch up, that the Streamline took off in my two passes.
Final verdict:
3.Shave quality: Perfection, (though again, I say the OCMM comes very close to it.)
4.Comfortable shave: Perfection. At one point, I thought I may have had the angle off and I was just running the razor over my face with no blade contact. (The very audible "Scritch" sound proved I was actually shaving.)
The only negative I can find with this razor is the fact that I don't believe any other razor will ever be as good as this razor. I think I have reached the pinnacle of razor perfection. :thumbup:

William, I'm glad that it finally arrived! The Streamline truly is a wonderful razor, and it sounds like it worked great for you. Congratulations again.

Final verdict:

Thanks for that amazing review
Wow. Now...I am both looking forward to getting my Streamline by mail
- and dreading that i may be the end of my "Razor-Quest"

[
Agreed...I used mine today, with Ted Pellas and Prorasso Blue. Wow, what a shave!!!:thumbup:

What he said[/QUOTE]

Hi,

Here are some Pics of my newly acquired Gem Jewel, picked it up for $15 AUD on Ebay including shipping.
Didn't know what it was when I was bidding on it so given all the hype I am surprised I got so cheap.

Looking forward to my first shave with it, I use my 1912 to shave my noggin and the MMOC for the face.

Cheers,
Lynchy Snr

View attachment 306780 $Gem Jewel.jpg

I want to add, since I just shaved again with it today, that the Ever-Ready Streamline is an aggressive razor. I didn't want to give the wrong impression of this great razor. I think the ER 1912 and GEM OCMM prepared me for the shave it gives. I am definitely in love with this razor.

I want to add, since I just shaved again with it today, that the Ever-Ready Streamline is an aggressive razor. I didn't want to give the wrong impression of this great razor. I think the ER 1912 and GEM OCMM prepared me for the shave it gives. I am definitely in love with this razor.

The part I like is you can rock that curved blade cover either way to smoothly dial in exactly how much aggression's desired...

It is really varied but IMO a reasonable amount today is $30-60 for a single and $60-$100.00 for a clean newer set cased from a non collector. From collectors the prices are like $70-$170.00

The range I have seen for that last 8 or so sold is $25.00 to $160.00 for singles, sets, replated or an exceptional complete set. The best prices are from people who do not know it is a streamline. I think only the original paperwork said streamline so only collectors or those in the know can recognize them.

Since you can't really find them in the US and they are cheaper than many lesser vintage DE razors, of which there are more of I suspect.... I would say they will only go up as people get more educated and try them.

Holding a stream line is like holding a high quality surgical instrument compared to any other razor.

What is the value of these razors? Meaning average fair market value.

Top Bottom