What's new

Id Help Needed For NOS Injector Please

I just got my hands on this NOS Schick Injector set but I can´t really nail down the model. Possibly a J2, but according to this great site- familiar to most of us- those razors came with a long handle..? This one has a somewhat shorter handle..
In one of the pictures I have put my long handled Golden 500 (J3) just for comparison.
So what do you fellows figure?
Many thanks in advance by the way!

$DSC01128.jpg$DSC01129.jpg$DSC01130.jpg$DSC01132.jpg$DSC01134.jpg

I just got my hands on this NOS Schick Injector set but I can´t really nail down the model. Possibly a J2, but according to this great site- familiar to most of us- those razors came with a long handle..? This one has a somewhat shorter handle..
In one of the pictures I have put my long handled Golden 500 (J3) just for comparison.
So what do you fellows figure?
Many thanks in advance by the way!

Once you figure it out, add to the info to the wiki

http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/Type_J

Pull the cardboard protector out and it should have the model stamped into the metal?

The numbers are only Schick production numbers and are about as useful as the numbers you find on razor blades :001_smile

Cardboard protector carefully removed reading:
M35 and also Patented.

I guess it´s not made in U.S.A- must have been manufactured in Europe somewhere.

Those numbers don't mean anything, and it's definitely a J2.

Yeah I know that those numbers are no good for ID but I thought I would post post them anyway- just for the record. A J2 without a doubt it is then?
I got a bit suspicious as that Renaldo site described all Js to be long handled. I was given the impression that all the Js were of the same length.

Rather amusing. The price tag on the back of the case is still there. In 1960 per example, 12 Swedish crowns would be around $19.50 today.
Thanks again Tom!

That's a good example of the point I've made around here before about razors always being expensive. By the way, that is a great looking set!

Rather amusing. The price tag on the back of the case is still there. In 1960 per example, 12 Swedish crowns would be around $19.50 today.
Thanks again Tom!

That's a good example of the point I've made around here before about razors always being expensive. By the way, that is a great looking set!

As for the pricing- I really don´t know about that. IF the tag under my set indeed is a price tag that price seems very high indeed. Going through a few adverts- I read that a complete set with a razor and 12 blades were about $.99 at the times. If you bought the blades only=about the same price- ok- slightly lower, but not much. I believe Schick made money from the blades and accepted a loss in their razors. Playing the familiar razors-and-blades game so to speak.

My set came with a 5 pack of stainless blades. Were the stainless not introduced in 1965 by Wilkinsons? If so I find it a bit odd that I find them in this set as the J2s were in production until 1964..?
Lastly- from the instruction sheets I am leaning to think that this set was manufactured in Holland. Maybe the european manufacturing sites continued to produce the J2s after 1964- that may explain it all.

Last edited:
That razor handle is soooo long, Diane Feinstein wants to outlaw it...or at least make you register it with the BATF! :001_cool:

Last edited:
Top Bottom