What's new

Pipe Travel Kit

I'm looking for recommendations for travel tobacco pouches, possibly that fit a pipe as well? I've seen a few on various websites, I was just wondering if anyone has personal experience with any, and if not, what do the other pipe smokers here do for travel kits.

Mike H

Instagram Famous
I really like my Peterson pouch. It holds a several bowls of tobacco, and a separate compartment for a pipe.
Similar to this one.

Attachments

• $006.jpg
    $006.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 95
I have one like that too, holds about an ounce of tobacco, a pipe on the other end an a small pocket on the side for your other stuff, I have a spare czech tool and pipe cleaners in there.

I need to pickup something like this. I'm taking a vacation in a few months and also business travel. I need to keep my eyes open for something like this.

ive got something similar from my B&M, has a pouch that holds about an ounce of tobacco, space for 2 pipes. Instead of 2 pipes though, I have 2 pipe + ligher/tool combo + pipe cleaners

I use an old KLM wash kit. Pipe, couple of plastic pouches with tobacco, tool, wind-screen and a ton of cleaners.

Oh, and just recently, a cork, so I can load the pipe before I get in the car, and it's ready to go when I get off-site and have to stop at the traffic lights.

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
I have a 2 pipe zippered roll-up kit thing and never use it. After you put 2 pipes and everything else you think you'll need in it it's about 4 inches in diameter, and the zipper is about ready to burst.

If I'm going away for a weekend I've just started putting a handful of tobacco in a ziploc bag, rolling half a packet of pipe cleaners up inside the bag, drop it in a pipe sock with a pipe and toss in a lighter and a Czech tool and call it good enough. It holds the exact same amount of stuff minus 1 pipe as the case, and is 1/3 the size.

I have a 2 pipe zippered roll-up kit thing and never use it. After you put 2 pipes and everything else you think you'll need in it it's about 4 inches in diameter, and the zipper is about ready to burst.

If I'm going away for a weekend I've just started putting a handful of tobacco in a ziploc bag, rolling half a packet of pipe cleaners up inside the bag, drop it in a pipe sock with a pipe and toss in a lighter and a Czech tool and call it good enough. It holds the exact same amount of stuff minus 1 pipe as the case, and is 1/3 the size.

So I'd still need a pipe sock thing for the pipes to protect them in the luggage or overnight bag, or whatever... Hmmm...

its actually a 2 pipe, but i found that if i put 2 pipes in there with everything else, it gets pretty full. So i just keep 1 pipe in it with all the other stuff

Mine just holds one but will fit all the other stuff in as well. Mine is pretty much the exact same style. Glad you like it!

If its just for the day I use my roll up tobacco pouch and chuck a pipe in my pocket. If its for longer I use an old dopp kit that I fill with a few tins, several pipes in their socks, some cleaners, tamper, and lighter. But I also keep a couple of cobs and jars in the glove box.

Top Bottom