What's new

Small End Grain Cutting Board - I had something in mind.

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
After ordering the B&B LE End Grain Cutting Board, I started thinking that it would be a great idea to replace my small and most often used cutting board with an end grain version. These ideas of mine usually mean a new challenge for my husband. It frequently becomes his job to turn my "creative ideas" into reality. :blushing:

This is the board that started it all....

$Cutting Board old.jpg

It's a homely little thing but I use it all the time when chopping, dicing, and slicing. With it small size and handle, it works great for transporting food straight to the pot or fry pan.

So we brainstormed and sorted through our pile of wood from projects passed or projects yet to be....

Intrigued

... and this is what he made for me!

Zebra, Black Walnut, and Birdseye Maple
$End Grain Cutting Board Small.jpg

$End Grain Cutting Board Small 2.jpg

$End Grain Cutting Board Small 3.jpg

Small End Grain Cutting Board with B&B LE End Grain Cutting Board
$End Grain Cutting Boards.jpg :001_wub:

Gorgeous!!!

That looks good enough to eat. Not eat off. It looks like chocolate truffles. Until you turn it over. Then it reminds me of a chocolate popsicle (am I thinking eclair?) or a lollipop.

Intrigued

Gorgeous!!!

That looks good enough to eat. Not eat off. It looks like chocolate truffles. Until you turn it over. Then it reminds me of a chocolate popsicle (am I thinking eclair?) or a lollipop.

That is simply stunning!

Very handsome board!

That's a beaut!

That's one of the best looking boards I ever saw.

Very nice!

+1

Wow. Yeah, seeing that made my day!

Great wood working !

Thank you all! I'm making sure he see all your nice comments about his work. :001_smile

.... it's sure to help the next time I get another of my "creative ideas". :blush:

Is he taking orders? :biggrin1:

Not so much from me... :001_rolle

We did have enough of the woods we used to make a second board for a certain person... but it's a secret for now. :santa:

Intrigued

I love how the maker kept the grain "flowing". It's mesmerizing.

-jim

That's the very small part of this project I can take some credit for. I drew the pattern on a paper bag. After the pieces of wood were cut, it was my job to lay it all out prior to the glue up.

His part was to do all the sawing, planing, gluing, routing, clamping, sanding... In other words to turn my dream of a small end grain cutting board into reality. :001_smile

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Beautiful board. I have to ask the wood workers here . . . when did end grain cutting boards start happening . . . and why? I recall very large and thick butcher block tables . . . massive curves into the top due to use. I don't think they were end grain. Is it an improvement in glue that makes these great boards possible?

Top Bottom