What's new

B&B Cookbook in Wiki!

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I started a Wiki recipe book a while ago but it wasn't right. Mtsgsd sent me a PM yesterday about the recipe book as we have this thread. Everything was going on 1 page and we would end up with a 1,000 pages in Wiki causing us to scroll quite a bit. We would not using Wiki at the right potential...

So, Mtsgsd was kind enough to transfer the existing recipes already in Wiki into single pages and create a category. The recipes are now here: http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/Category:Recipes

I created a template for the recipes that we can all use to add our own recipes: http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/Recipe Template

The only thing that I would be asking, naming convention!! If you create a recipe, please add ' Recipe' at the end of the page so we know it's a recipe and it doesn't get lost in the lather! :laugh:

You can add categories for which type of meal too (Main Meal, Side Dish, etc).

If you have any queries or issues, let me know. If someone add a recipe to wiki, I would recommend posting the link in here in case in doesn't link in Wiki, that way, it can quickly be fixed.:thumbup1:

Last edited:

Luc

Staff member
Just got a quick PM, to be clear.

Add "_Recipe" at the end of the URL(Recipe) that you are adding.
Example: "Borcoli Soup" will be "Brocoli Soup Recipe" like this http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/index.php/Brocoli Soup Recipe

Also, at the end of newly created page while editing, do not forget to add

[[Category:Recipes]]

That little piece of code will add your recipe to the others.

Please post the links of the recipes that you added here.

Last edited:

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
This will be great if it works out. B&B has folk from all over the world with many tastes and creative ideas. I can't tell you how many meals my wife and I have enjoyed due to ideas generated from reading the contributions here.

Luc

Staff member
This will be great if it works out. B&B has folk from all over the world with many tastes and creative ideas. I can't tell you how many meals my wife and I have enjoyed due to ideas generated from reading the contributions here.

Yes! It's already going well! There's quite a bit in there!

Luc

Staff member
The cookbook is taking form! The contributions are great!! :thumbup1:

i'm not good with the Wiki (38 and getting too old to keep up with technology unless i use it regularly), but here's one of our favorites.

feel free to post this one to the Wiki under my name

GIANT APPLE PANCAKE:

1/2 cup + 2 tbsp milk
1/2 cup + 2 tbsp flour
2 large eggs (or 3 if smaller)
3 tbsp butter
2 apples, peeled and chopped
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Mix first 3 ingredients. Melt butter in pizza pan in oven. Pour batter into pan. Add apples. Combine cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle over top. Bake until done, about 15 minutes. Serve with maple syrup or sprinkle with icing sugar or enjoy plain.

Works in traditional oven or Convection.

Make 1 Giant pancake and serves 1 hungry person.

Luc

Staff member
i'm not good with the Wiki (38 and getting too old to keep up with technology unless i use it regularly), but here's one of our favorites.

feel free to post this one to the Wiki under my name

GIANT APPLE PANCAKE:

1/2 cup + 2 tbsp milk
1/2 cup + 2 tbsp flour
2 large eggs (or 3 if smaller)
3 tbsp butter
2 apples, peeled and chopped
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Mix first 3 ingredients. Melt butter in pizza pan in oven. Pour batter into pan. Add apples. Combine cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle over top. Bake until done, about 15 minutes. Serve with maple syrup or sprinkle with icing sugar or enjoy plain.

Works in traditional oven or Convection.

Make 1 Giant pancake and serves 1 hungry person.

Done - http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/index.php?title=Giant_Apple_Pancake_Recipe

Ah really? I always associate pancakes with brekkie...

yeah, but we have a 4 and 6y old, so breakfast food for supper is quite common around here.

i'm not thinking you need to move it to SUPPER, but it's a very hardy pancake and if you do end up giving it a try, i'd make it for w/end lunch or supper (with sausages).

thanks again for posting it. :001_cool:

Top Bottom