What's new

Your Top 3 from Guerlain

I've decided I need to experience more of what the french legend has to offer. Based on what I have tried, they make some solid scents, but I haven't been completely blown away yet. Based on my somewhat limited experience, I'm going with these as of now:

1. Vetiver
2. Derby
3. Heritage

Others I have tried: Habit Rouge (EdT and EdP), LIDG, LIDGE, Homme, Shalimar, Jicky, SDV, Cuir Beluga

What are your top 3 from Guerlain?

1. Cologne du 68
2. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Eau Extreme
3. Hopefully Cuir Beluga, after I get the decant in mail in next week or so!

I have very limited knowledge of Guerlain fragrances, but of the three that I have tried and also currently own bottles of, I am certain of the order in which I prefer them:

1. Vetiver
2. Heritage
3. Habit Rouge

Ben

* Habit Rouge EdT
* Vetiver
* L'Instant

Mouchoir de Monsieur would be fighting for one of those places if had better longevity - I love the fragrance, but it doesn't last very long.

Habit Rouge edt - have bottle and vintage aftershave
Vetiver - have decant

Have a sample of Heritage, which is nice. Would like to try Derby sometime just to see how it smells.

* Habit Rouge EdT
* Vetiver
* L'Instant

Mouchoir de Monsieur would be fighting for one of those places if had better longevity - I love the fragrance, but it doesn't last very long.

Ah yes, MdM. I need to try that one. I haven't tried Schad's Cologne du 68 either.

1. Vetiver
2. Habit Rouge
3. L'Instant

Not wild about MdM, although I've only worn it a few times. Heritage is a new decant recently and is very promising.
I like Habit Rouge, but last time I wore it, SWMBO said the drydown was no good. Something like it "reminded her of old Grandma clothes" or something to that effect; I'm pretty sure the description had Grandma in it somewhere. :scared:

So it will probably have to go at some point

Wow, my fave list of Guerlain is at least ten deep but my top three are and always will be

Habit Rouge
Vetiver
Bois d'Armenie

with a slew of follow-ups:

Sous le Vent
Jicky
Vetiver pour Elle
Shalimar
Mitsouko
SDV
Terracotta Voile d'Ete

and I know I'm forgetting several.

1. Vetiver
2. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Eau Extreme
3. Habit Rouge EdT (I prefer the sharpness of the EdT over the smoothness of the EdP)

Others love Derby, Jicky and Heritage, and I respect YMMV, but these don't appeal to me.

I haven't sampled nearly enough through the Guerlain line but I've bought four full bottles. Not sure I can decide between them but:

Habit Rouge EDP
Mouchoir de Monsieur
LIDGE
Vetiver

1. LIDGE
2. LIDG
3. Heritage

-100.00000000. Habit Rouge

:lol:

Wow, my fave list of Guerlain is at least ten deep but my top three are and always will be

Habit Rouge
Vetiver
Bois d'Armenie

with a slew of follow-ups:

Sous le Vent
Jicky
Vetiver pour Elle
Shalimar
Mitsouko
SDV
Terracotta Voile d'Ete

and I know I'm forgetting several.

Are you placing HR above Vetiver? And I thought you had an unhealthy interest in GV... Lots on your list I haven't tried. What happened to CdR? I think you are the only person on the planet to have ever had an encounter with the mythical Guerlain CdR.

Last edited:
The ones I tried: Coriolan, Eau de Cologne du 68, Eau de Cologne Imperiale, Guerlain Homme, Heritage, Jicky, Mitsouko, Mouchoir de Monsieur, Samsara, Sous le Vent, Spiritueuse Double Vanille, Aqua Allegoria Herba Fresca, Aqua Allegoria Gentiana, Habit Rouge, L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme, Shalimar, Vetiver...?

1. Eau de Cologne Imperiale (is the best scent in the world period - in a not so liberal Schadian way)
2. Heritage
3. Sous le Vent (thanks to Chandos)

I would very much like to try the Petite Guerlain.

Top Bottom