What's new

Suds and Sparkles Peppermint!

Zack just sent me some samples of the Tobacco, and Arabian Spice scented shaving soaps. I will report in a few days on their performance.

By the way, she seems to make soap of two different formulas: all natural shaving soap, and all natural glycerin shaving soap. The recipe for each is slightly different:

Natural Shaving Soap: Goat Milk, Shea Butter, Vitamin E, Bentonite Clay, Cocoa Butter, Olive Oil, Jojoba Oil, Avocado Oil, Mango Butter, & Macadamia Nut Oil

Natural Glycerin Shaving Soap: 100% VEGAN OILS (coconut, palm, castor, safflower), KOSHER GLYCERIN, PURIFIED WATER, MOISTURIZER, EMULSIFIER, SODIUM HYDROXIDE (saponifying agent, lye),BENTONITE CLAY, VITAMIN E, LAB/MICA COLOR (if applicable), FRAGRANCE (if applicable)

Zack just sent me some samples of the Tobacco, and Arabian Spice scented shaving soaps. I will report in a few days on their performance.

I have had four shaves so far with the Suds and Sparkles samples. The lather produced is very rich, and provides for an excellent shave. These are great shaving soaps!!

She has over 200 fragrances to choose from, and no additional charge for essential oil choices!!

I would be heavily stocking up, if i didn't already have over a two year supply of shaving soap, and shaving cream!!

Last edited:
Wow! I've always been worried about eBay soap quality except for mama bear's but these look great! Ungodly amount of scents and they sound awesome!

Dude, Root Beer and Fresh Brewed Coffee...AMAZING. I hear she's got Brut and Old Spice now, too...hmmmm.

what's her ebay name? nothing coming up with the link - but sounds like something I'd love to try!

errr...

is this it:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/sundancesoa...=LH_DefaultDomain_0&rt=nc&_trksid=p4340.l2562

Good Shower soaps... Bad Shave soaps, IME.

Add; Sundancesoapery The lather faded quickly after application, I tried face lathering only, loading the soap on the brush for ~2 minutes, it was thin & bubbly but felt slick. A second attempt was made using it as a shave stick and getting the same results, not much lather as a shower soap either, but I wasn't going to toss it and it did leave my skin moisturized.

Last edited:
... I would be heavily stocking up, if i didn't already have over a two year supply of shaving soap, and shaving cream!!

I do as well but I ordered the Set of 3 pucks based on Zack's lather photo and your experience, its not like they'll go to waste or expire. I asked if she could do a straight Basil scent, I had a very good Latherless SC from another e-bay Vendor with this scent... I thought it was heavenly. My other scents were Rosemary, Lemongrass and if no Basil, I asked for Tobacco. I'm a bit timid to try the FO scents, they've irritated me in the past (different Vendor).

I do as well but I ordered the Set of 3 pucks based on Zack's lather photo and your experience, its not like they'll go to waste or expire.

Alright, I don't take much convincing!!!

I just ordered Peppermint Essential Oil, Old Spice, and Three Wise Men (frankincense, myrrh, patchouli and warm, powdery sandalwood).

WOOT!! :drool::drool:

Michigan, get ready for that Peppermint, you will die of happiness and then it will revive you!

Michigan, get ready for that Peppermint, you will die of happiness and then it will revive you!

I am loving the Peppermint, excellent scent, lathers wonderfully, and has a huge menthol kick (not quite the make you cry coldness of QCS Vostok, but still really cold!).

My three full pucks showed up yesterday, and I was going to wait to use them, as I have a huge stock of shaving cream to work through, but the allure of Peppermint Essential Oil was too much!!

08/26/2012
Cadet SS26 3 piece razor

Wal-Mart Wilkinson Sword (3)
Suds and Sparkles Peppermint
Generic Witch Hazel
Aqua Velva Ice Blue (to continue the thrill of the menthol rush!!)

Add; Sundancesoapery The lather faded quickly after application, I tried face lathering only, loading the soap on the brush for ~2 minutes, it was thin & bubbly but felt slick. A second attempt was made using it as a shave stick and getting the same results, not much lather as a shower soap either, but I wasn't going to toss it and it did leave my skin moisturized.
That is not her username, that is another user. Hers is beechstreetbungalow :)

Michigan, glad you love it. I've never tried Vostok, but another person has told me it's right under it. I LOVE using it, and the candy cane scent is honestly one of my favorites.

That is not her username, that is another user. Hers is beechstreetbungalow :)

Michigan, glad you love it. I've never tried Vostok, but another person has told me it's right under it. I LOVE using it, and the candy cane scent is honestly one of my favorites.

Yeah, I know that Zack, I had tested the Sundancesoapery last year and giving joshua1970 a heads up since he posted that link. I test lathered my S&S Lemongrass last night and enjoyed the scent & slick lather it built, this is a fine Goat-milk Shave Soap. :thumbup:

BTW, I requested a Basil scented Soap, she'll be ordering the EO sometime in the future, I love this scent and find it refreshing.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, I didn't notice that was you! She's good about getting new scents, so that'll probably be a great one for sure!

ZackP have you tried any other scents than the ones you listed above? Also, does the sleigh ride really smell like thin mints?

ZackP have you tried any other scents than the ones you listed above? Also, does the sleigh ride really smell like thin mints?

I have tried Barbershop scent (very aquatic and clean smelling), Vetiver (earthy, not for me), Jamaican Coffee (NICE), and maybe one or two more. And, I think it does for sure.

Hi Zack:

You recently tried Tabac, and Arko. How does the Suds and Sparkles compare to those in your opinion?

Hey there! Well, I will say the tallow soaps seem a bit thicker cushion wise, but I find the Arko and Suds and Sparkles soaps are pretty similar slickness wise. I think Tabac is the best of the bunch, but you're also talking a big difference in price and the chance you may hate the scent. The biggest benefit of the Suds and Sparkles is that there are hundreds of scents (coffee, root beer...yum!). Tabac is just luxury, though. I'd say Tabac wins because of tallow and it is so unbelievably slick. The others are close (eight out of ten or so).

All in all, it's a matter of do you want...say, three soaps (Suds and Sparkles) or would you rather one (Tabac)? It's also about scent, too. Arko is a little tiny cheap soap stick, and I think it's perfect for travel, and that's what makes it awesome to me (although it is amazing, too).

Thanks for the reply Zack.

I have both Arko, and Tabac in my arsenal as well. Tabac, and Queen Charlotte Soaps are my baseline soaps that I measure everything else against.

Arko is nowhere near as good as Tabac in my opinion. It's an acceptable quality soap, but I don't find it to be as spectacular as most people do. I don't dislike the scent, but it's basically Meh.

I would place Suds and Sparkles above Arko, but not nearly as good as QCS and Tabac. But it's performance is still great!!

Top Bottom