What's new

Edwin Jagger

Does anyone have any information on the Edwing Jagger DE? I ma hearing good things about it, but nothing specific.

Greetings Clark,
I do not own one, but have read of others who insist it is a superior double edge solution. From their accounts, the head of the razor is a Merkur DE fixed head, the handle is a beefier, more pleasing to the eye, better balanced affair. That's out of the mouths of others. YMMV

I like the heft of the Jagger. Can't compare it to the Merkur, never having used one. I must say that I've been switching back and forth between the Merkur and Gillette blades and don't see much difference there either.

xcubbies said:
I like the heft of the Jagger. Can't compare it to the Merkur, never having used one. I must say that I've been switching back and forth between the Merkur and Gillette blades and don't see much difference there either.
Are you using the "In Vouge" Swedish/Danish/Norske 5-pack on blue card Gillettes?

I'm using the blue card Gillettes that come ten to the dispenser. There is a supermarket chain in France that sells them for Euro 1.85/each, which is less than $2.25. The Merkur's platinums I can buy where I bought the razor, in Geneva, for CHF 5/ for ten blades; this works out to a bit less than $4.00.

xcubbies said:
I'm using the blue card Gillettes that come ten to the dispenser. There is a supermarket chain in France that sells them for Euro 1.85/each, which is less than $2.25. The Merkur's platinums I can buy where I bought the razor, in Geneva, for CHF 5/ for ten blades; this works out to a bit less than $4.00.
Thanks! It appears that Auravita is "having its way" with the e-clientelle selling half as many blades for twice the price.:frown:

Clark said:
Does anyone have any information on the Edwing Jagger DE? I ma hearing good things about it, but nothing specific.
Clark, check back either later tonight or tomorrow. I'll be posting pics of a faux ebony handled EJ DE. For what it is worth, the razor just has a very classy look. My razor has a plastic handle so the heft of the razor is somewhat lighter than the Merkur Futur I have. I really like this razor and if you want/need a razor with alot of heft, I hear the Chatsworth models are some of the heaviest available. Hope this helps.

I have an EJ handle in Faux horn for my sensor and I love it. Adds some length, heft and class to an otherwise dull (dull as in boring, not less sharp:rolleyes: ) shaving instrument.

Cliff said:
I have an EJ handle in Faux horn for my sensor and I love it. Adds some length, heft and class to an otherwise dull (dull as in boring, not less sharp:rolleyes: ) shaving instrument.
How about a picture Cliff? Maybe a nice closeup of the handle? Perhaps, if you have an accuarate kitchen or postal scale, weighing it without the sensor cartridge? Thanks! Become an enabler! :blushing:

When I received and unpacked the DE89, I was stunned. The shiny chrome and the perfect weight/balance of the razor is amazing ! :thumbup:

I was going to say something earlier but decided to see how many more comments hit on this 7 year old thread

Just like fine wine....it gets better with time
Exactly. I wonder if EJ only made these two heads ?

$DE89.jpg

I found some info about EJ, but not much.

Top Bottom