What's new

Please say it ain't so!!!!

I was recently (a couple of months ago) at West Coast Shaving buying some Razorock artisan soap and the lady behind the counter scared me by saying she did not think that Razorock was going to continue making their shave soaps!!!! :scared::scared::scared:

Has anyone else heard anything about this? Please somebody, tell me it ain't so!!!

I was recently (a couple of months ago) at West Coast Shaving buying some Razorock artisan soap and the lady behind the counter scared me by saying she did not think that Razorock was going to continue making their shave soaps!!!! :scared::scared::scared:

Has anyone else heard anything about this? Please somebody, tell me it ain't so!!!

She was probably referring to the Classic, Cacao, Fresco and XXX (the original series in the black tubs). Sorry I don't have a reference, but Joe said it himself. (Although it is not confirmed, it seemed quite likely last he mentioned it.) Apparently these won't be made anymore. The other will continue to be made/sold and apparently new ones will keep coming.

EDIT: According to some below, only XXX will likely be discontinued, not Classic, Cacao and Fresco. Sorry for the misinformation.

Last edited:
She was probably referring to the Classic, Cacao, Fresco and XXX (the original series in the black tubs). Sorry I don't have a reference, but Joe said it himself. (Although it is not confirmed, it seemed quite likely last he mentioned it.) Apparently these won't be made anymore. The other will continue to be made/sold and apparently new ones will keep coming.

Oh. That sounds very reassuring. I'm a much bigger fan of the artisan soaps (in the white tubs).

I know…I guess I'll be spending some more time in suspense. :scared:

You could test your search-fu in the Vendor Items for Sale forum as well. I remember Joe posting something about this there but apparently my search skills melted in the heat and I can't find the post.

Um, yeah. Not gonna happen.

i wouldn't be so sure. even joseph has hinted this may be the last of the XXX, but i was not aware the classic and other blk tubbed ones were gonna be on the out.

as far as i'm concerned, as long as KL and 888 are around, i'll be happy.

Sorry, I should have been more clear.

AFAIK, the XXX is 99% for sure gone. The rest of the "Classic" series should be safe though.

As far as everything else goes, there's no way that "RazoRock" meaning the entire brand itself, is going to stop making shave soaps.

i wouldn't be so sure. even joseph has hinted this may be the last of the XXX, but i was not aware the classic and other blk tubbed ones were gonna be on the out.

+1 I'm resorting to just the KL Lavender now. For me it's the best of the bunch.:001_wub: The RazoRock range just keeps expanding, but so long as KL continues, I'll be happy.:biggrin1:

Quote from an interview I did with Joe a month ago. XXX is more than likely gone.

First of all, what is the status of RazoRock XXX? Many wet shavers (myself included) are hopeful of any news (good or bad) on that front.

We are down to about 180 units (from about 5000). As far as we've been told, we won't be able to get anymore. It will pain me to see XXX go, but we knew it was sort of a one-shot deal. We are constantly badgering our source for more, but my hopes aren't very high. XXX was basically an experiment in human psychology; we wanted to determine how much of a factor 'brand' and 'packaging' played in people's perception.

:frown: I like the XXX soap and I would hate to see it go. Maybe my next order From Italian Barber should be a stock of XXX soap.

If you're a fan of XXX, I strongly encourage you to try Cumba Cheech. Chances are, you won't even miss the XXX

:frown: I like the XXX soap and I would hate to see it go. Maybe my next order From Italian Barber should be a stock of XXX soap.

Okay I will have to try that. Actually when I was trying to figure out which Razorock soap I wanted to try I had considered the Cumba Cheech one. But I ended up buying the XXX soap and the Boston Tea Party Artisan soap.

Top Bottom