What's new

Best Performing Fake Old Spice?

Who makes the best performing and most true to the original as far as scent "Fake Old Spice"? I have given up trying to acquire a puck on eBay as I always get sniped right at the end. Thank you for the recommendations.

If you like cream, you'll probably like the Indian Shulton OS creams. As far as clone soaps go, I think you're out of luck. I've never found one that came close with fragrance. Worse yet, most are melt-and-pour affairs that are indifferent performers at best.

If you want to branch out a little bit, I think that SCS Bay Rum is a good option. Not precisely an Old Spice, but it goes well with it.

The truth is that most of the Old Spice soap you buy on line doesn't have more than a trace of fragrance left in it. Vintage Old Spice's real virtue is that it's a great performer. I think a stick of Arko followed up by a nice splash of vintage juice is the way to go.

Yeah I love the Indian Shulton Old Spice. I emptied a tube of it into a mug and let it harden into a croap and it's made me want some Vintage Old Spice even more. Darn SCS is down. I hope they'll be back up soon. Thanks for the recommendation!!

I have won NOS Old Spice soap + mug off of the Bay. I'll second what was posted above - the soap REALLY performed nicely, but there was hardly any scent to it at all.

QCS Old Spice Type is pretty close to the can of OS sensitive foam that I purchased in the 90s and still have. I've only shaved with the QCS once but the performance was solid.

I have been wondering about the QCS Old Spice Type. I have two of their shave soaps(Rose Otto and Provence), and really like their performance. I like Old Spice, and have a some Shulton Talc and Splash(well almost out).

Dave if you get it please let us know what you think of the scent.

QCS Old Spice Type smells fairly similar to the Old Spice Indian Shulton cream.
It does not smell like Old Spice shaving soap to me.

there was a lot of hubbub on these boards a number of years ago when Prairie Creations first made Old Spice scented shaving soap. A lot of people loved the scent.

Not sure whether Prairie Creations soaps is even still in business. I know the owner got booted off this site, so we don't talk about those soaps much anymore.....

there was a lot of hubbub on these boards a number of years ago when Prairie Creations first made Old Spice scented shaving soap. A lot of people loved the scent.

Not sure whether Prairie Creations soaps is even still in business. I know the owner got booted off this site, so we don't talk about those soaps much anymore.....

I was just going to mention that soap. I had a puck and it was nice, but I traded it away for something else I wanted. The site is still up, but I don't know what scents are still available.

I really like Mama Bears Aged Spice, I have a puck of Honeybee old spice type shave soap that I haven't tried yet but if its on par with her other soaps, then its pretty good as well.

QCS Old Spice Type is pretty close to the can of OS sensitive foam that I purchased in the 90s and still have. I've only shaved with the QCS once but the performance was solid.
I'm working though a sample tub of the QCS Old Spice Type this week. It works great - as all the QCS creams do - and smells real close to the Old Spice I used in the 1970s. I recommend it highly.

What about Mama Bear's "Aged Spice" soap? I've been wanting to try it...
I really like Mama Bears Aged Spice, I have a puck of Honeybee old spice type shave soap that I haven't tried yet but if its on par with her other soaps, then its pretty good as well.
I've been using Mama Bears Aged Spice for a couple of months along with Aged Spice bath soap and Dollar General Old Spice type AS. I consider all of these products to have excellent performance for the price.

Top Bottom