What's new

beer + internet + credit card = new soaps on the way!

after reading a LOT of threads dealing with different soaps...I kept almost pulling the trigger, but didn't because: the Col Conk soap that I bought to start with works "just fine"
few hours later I would meander back and read some more about the joys of all these great soaps and the way the made the whole experience flat out better. this has gone on for about 10 days. until last night that is. a few home brews deep, found myself on B&B...yadda yadda then I found myself clicking on "confirm payment".

FINALLY! haha I can blame the beer, and simultaneously thank Mike (Mike's Natural) for his quick response...and my bars of orange/cederwood/black pepper and peppermint/rosemary are supposed to be shipped today :thumbup:

now I just need to find some containers to fit these bars...

Same here. I just pulled the trigger on QCS Vostok and Green Irish Tweed to go along with the RazoRock No. 888 and Mystic Water Coconut I just bought on BST. HELP!!!

Yes! I was just about to start a similar thread. I received a slim in the mail a couple days ago, and thought that it was odd, not the usual packing I expect from above the tie, but the Slim did look clean and presentable, the next day I received the slim from Above the Tie. I vaguely remember now in some beer induced surfing that I had purchased a razor on ebay and forgotten about it, then purchased one the next day. :blink:

the "1 cup" size is pretty standard to mash in most 4-5 ounce bars?

and I am glad I'm not the only one that is using beer as an "excuse" :001_tongu

"sorry honey, I um...well look at that lather!"

this forum is hard enough on the wallet as it is. Add a few beers and you're doomed. :biggrin1:

preach on!

I can guarantee you will not be disappointed by Mike's Natural. Stuff is awesome.

that is exactly what I am hoping! it was a toss up between Mike, Mystic, and an amazon order of Proraso and TOBS...but I kept getting drawn back to Mike's. REALLY looking forward to trying these soaps out

Last edited:
This exact scenario happens to me quite often.

In comparison, I feel like shaving as hobby is cheaper than homebrewing.

I was talking to my band mate the other day. He said the same thing about drinks and the internet and the credit card. Therefore, he bought a new keyboard. I did not feel as bad to think when I get a buzz I order just some aftershave and maybe a shave stick.

Yes! I was just about to start a similar thread. I received a slim in the mail a couple days ago, and thought that it was odd, not the usual packing I expect from above the tie, but the Slim did look clean and presentable, the next day I received the slim from Above the Tie. I vaguely remember now in some beer induced surfing that I had purchased a razor on ebay and forgotten about it, then purchased one the next day. :blink:

Don't worry, on my 23rd birthday I got so drunk I started drinking my friends beers. I don't know why I didn't just buy my own, but nevertheless I remembered taking them from 2 of my friends and chugging them (that I was drinking beer pretty much told my friends they didn't WANT to know how much I'd had to drink that night). It wasn't until about 3 years later I was walking home from work and it struck me that there was a third friend I'd taken a beer from that night. *LOL* Luckily so far my purchases have been limited to booze & dances, no drunk online shopping, though the way I drank back then I'm not sure which would have ended up being more expensive

Top Bottom