What's new

Broken cap to my Proraso cream tube, Need options

Good morning Guy's!
When I was opening my tube of Proraso shave cream this morning the threads on the cap broke off. The Cap still fits the tube but only holds in place with a bit of sticky cream and pure dumb luck.

I was thinking of putting the cream in a Ziploc tub to mimic a container of TOBS cream but was concerned it would dry out.

Anyone have this problem before?

Thanks

Transfering to a ziploc tub should be fine.
Even if it does dry out a little you can still use it. Heck some guys let it dry out on purpose so they can use it more like a soap.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Got the same issue, I turned the cream into a shave soap by drying it in a container. Using a zip lock should work.

Thanks for the replies guys! Just a FYI, I don't want the cream to dry out because I like to use it with Mama bear's Awakenings soap to make a great superlather that is fantastic for hot summer weather.

I had the same problem. I just stick the cap on and let the little bit of cream at the end of the nozzle hold it on. Then it dries and creates its own plug. When I use the tube again I just discard the first 3/8" of hardened cream. No big deal. It's cheap enough and I use it in rotation so it still lasts a very long time.

I use the mama bear containers for EVERYTHING. Usually when I buy a cream that comes in a tube I squirt it into one of these.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Happened to me twice. It now resides in an empty Taylor tub.

Thank you guys for the input. I used a Small 1cup Ziploc tub to store the cream in.
Have a good day and happy shaving!

Ah, I got here too late. In case anyone else is still having the problem. The cap from a tube of toothpaste usually replaces the Proraso tube cap just fine (a little force may be needed at first). Err, as for what to do with the toothpaste tube that is now lacking a cap....... well shaving is the priority here.

Ah, I got here too late. In case anyone else is still having the problem. The cap from a tube of toothpaste usually replaces the Proraso tube cap just fine (a little force may be needed at first). Err, as for what to do with the toothpaste tube that is now lacking a cap....... well shaving is the priority here.

+1

Funny I thought I was one of the few guys to have this problem. I ended up squirting it all out into an empty, used TOBS cream container. It works just fine. I even put a few squirts into tiny cream container my wife had and now take it with me when I travel.

Funny I thought I was one of the few guys to have this problem. I ended up squirting it all out into an empty, used TOBS cream container. It works just fine. I even put a few squirts into tiny cream container my wife had and now take it with me when I travel.
It happens to the best of us:wink2:

Actually, I have only owned two tubes of Proraso and this happened each of them within the first 10 or so shaves. Great lather, rickety packaging.

I thought the general advice around here was to use more product. In this case you may also want to shave more often just to make sure.

Can't believe so many of you have had this issue. I've got the new formula Sandalwood and Shea Butter tube and the cap seems quite ridged.

If the cap still fits on the tube, then just stick it on and stand the tube up on end. All of my shave creams stand upright on their cap.

Sincerely,
Me.

Top Bottom