What's new

What do you put on your pizza?

Hello Gentlemen,

Each sunday my girlfriend and I make pizza. It has become sort of a sunday-service-routine. We are only a couple of hours away from making it this week and it would be interesting to hear from you here at B&B what you guys usually put on your pizza.

SWMBO likes not to spicy all-round tastes, while I love it hot and spicy FWIW.

We usually put:
-Ground beef
-Chorizo / pepperoni
-Onions
-Mushroom (champignon)
-Oregano
-Cayenne pepper :001_tt1:
-Small sliced sausages (now and then)

So guys, whats your pizza topping?

At our house pretty much anything goes, but the recent fave topping combination is:

- pepperoni
- broccoli
- minced garlic
- mozzarella

I've never made pizza, having a rubbish oven in the apartment here. If I have one out, it is almost always a diavola with extra Parma ham.

My favorite toppings are:
Anchovies
Diced Tomatoes
Mushrooms
Green/black Olives
a lot of red pepper
a pinch of salt sprinkled over the whole slice.

Makes for some pretty wretched breath, but its worth it IMHO. I do have to eat several breath mints before SWMBO will let me talk to her though.

My favorite toppings are:
Anchovies
Diced Tomatoes
Mushrooms
Green/black Olives
a lot of red pepper
a pinch of salt sprinkled over the whole slice.

Makes for some pretty wretched breath, but its worth it IMHO. I do have to eat several breath mints before SWMBO will let me talk to her though.

Clearly a cunning plan mate!

Olives
Onions
Sliced tomatos
Mushrooms
Feta
Artichoke hearts
Garlic
and sometimes: Sausage (could be pepperoni, sliced italian sausage, breakfast sausage, whatever)

The best pizza I ever had was when I was in Naples. It had only three ingredients on top: mozzarella, fresh tomatoes, and basil. No tomato sauce or meats of any kind. It was baked in a wood burning oven and I thoroughly enjoyed it with a glass of red wine.

When I was younger my mother followed the Italian tradition of pizza - cheese only - but she would make one pizza with anchovies.

Now that I am "Americanized" I put chopped onions and red peppers, and mozzarella cheese on it. The spices are fresh basil, salt pepper, and a bit of oregano. Finally chopped tomatoes but no "sauce."

Last edited:
Mozzarella
Pecorino romano
Olives
Anchovies
Sliced jalapeños
Onions
Chorizo

Having said all of that though, one of my favourites is just tuna and sweetcorn. I've been lucky enough to play around with a real pizza oven recently so there's been a lot of experimenting going on!

The best pizza I ever had was when I was in Naples. It had only three ingredients on top: mozzarella, fresh tomatoes, and basil. No tomato sauce or meats of any kind. It was baked in a wood burning oven and I thoroughly enjoyed it with a glass of red wine.

When I was younger my mother followed the Italian tradition of pizza - cheese only - but she would make one pizza with anchovies.

Now that I am "Americanized" I put chopped onions and red peppers, and mozzarella cheese on it. The spices are fresh basil, salt pepper, and a bit of oregano. Finally chopped tomatoes but no "sauce."

I am from Memphis TN. We have a place here that the speciality of the house is BBQ Pizza. One of a kind
And out of this world.

Pizza... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmh...

But my favorite, this way:

​
Tomato sauce
Shrimps
Anchovies
Tuna
Lax
Calamari
Mozzarella
Feta
Parmesan
Pepper
Oregano
Basil

:thumbup:

I put what ever I have in the house at the time I am making it.... So it varies... I "try" to always have at least Italian sausage, peperoni, black olives, onions, bell pepper, and mushrooms.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

I like it Island style:

Ham/ Canadian bacon
Pineapple slices or Chunks
Mozzarella Cheese

If you like a little kick and some Franks to the sauce.

Pepperoni
Mushroom
Sausage
Olives

That's it. Anchovies belong on the end of my fishing line catching edible fish, and pineapple does NOT belong on pizza.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Oh, the horrors. I am reading posts about pineapples and BBQ sauce. Oh, the humanity :001_smile

On edit- if you want to rip me, I occasionally put ketchup on hot dogs

I'm with Turtle, what's in the house may wind up on the pizza. I usually make it with sauce, there is often pepperoni or Italian sausage involved, and I'm a big fan of caramelized onions. Other frequent choices are ham, bacon, chicken, bell peppers, mushrooms, pineapple, lamb, pulled pork, tomatoes, various herbs and spices, and olives.

When I'm making one just for me, and don't have to take what the wife and kids prefer under consideration, I'm likely to do mozzarella, tomatoes, basil and nothing else.

Top Bottom