What's new

colonel conk bay rum soap

hows it lather,hows the scent ,how long does it last i may try some shave soap after i run out of cream

I have not tried the Conk Bay Rum, but have used Conk Amber. To me, Conk is very similar to VDH Deluxe: both in formulation, and in performance. VDH and Conk are both good performers, but certainly not top of the line: there are other products like Tabac, and Queen Charlotte Soaps that really overshadow it.

I tried it and didn't like how it turned out . There are so many better soaps out there . Tabac is wonderful as is Mikes . They cost more ,but will last alot longer with better results .

IMHO, Colonel Conk is a cool name and the flavors sound great, but I've tried 3 of them and they are all extremely sub-par relative to so many other brands. Any of the stabndard favorites like Cella, Tabac and Arko will wipe the floor (bowl) with it.

Meh.....a very utilitarian soap. Very light scent, ok lather, sub-par slickness/cushion, but an inexpensive one. There are much better choices for a few dollars more.

hows it lather,hows the scent ,how long does it last i may try some shave soap after i run out of cream

My very first soap. The most obvious thing about it, is that it disappears right before your eyes, you will totally burn through the puck rapidly. The scent is at a decent level and quite pleasant. True there are lots of better products out there at a similar price point but it has a better scent than just about all of them. Currently I use it as a base for an uber lather with Proraso cream.

I purchased the travelling soap for my cruise. Mild scent. It took longer to work up a lather than the Williams at home. Though the lather problem maybe from the water on the cruise ship. The soap is in my travel bag for next time. I'm using QCS daily at home.

It performs fine and the scent is pleasing, though not my favorite Bay Rum by a long shot. It's cheap enough that if you hate it, you can PIF it or use it in the shower and not feel badly about it.

Again, the Col. Conk pucks do disappear quickly (as do all glycerin based soaps). I too find it very comparable to the VDH (pink) Deluxe, maybe not quite as good.

The Amber, which also smells great, gives me a better lather. I think it's the Avocado oil, which is not found in many other soaps.

My very first soap. The most obvious thing about it, is that it disappears right before your eyes, you will totally burn through the puck rapidly. The scent is at a decent level and quite pleasant. True there are lots of better products out there at a similar price point but it has a better scent than just about all of them. Currently I use it as a base for an uber lather with Proraso cream.

Same here. Got it free with a shaving mug (Also Col. Conk) and following Mantic59's advice, I mix it with cream, in my case with some unscented Art of Shaving Cream that was part of the kit my fiance bought me that started me on wet shaving.

I've tried it stand alone and it just doesn't have the same lubrication. I do like the scent though.

If I were you, I'd skip it and buy something of higher quality. You don't have to spend much more to get something that's a lot richer and slicker. Check out RazoRock products.

The last Col Conk puck I had I depleted in less than 3 months. A quality soap lasts 9 months or more. I DO NOT recommended Col Conk. There are so many great soaps out there; don't waste your money on Col Conk. What the hell kind of name is Col Conk anyways? Sounds like a joke or satire.

I have not tried any Col. Conk soap so I can't comment on it. However, an awesome smelling, great performing Bay Rum soap is QCS Cayman. Once you get used to lathering a tallow and lanolin soap,the performance is incredible.

It's a very solid performer. It won't compare to the giants of triple milling, but I likeitanyway!

The last Col Conk puck I had I depleted in less than 3 months. A quality soap lasts 9 months or more. I DO NOT recommended Col Conk. There are so many great soaps out there; don't waste your money on Col Conk. What the hell kind of name is Col Conk anyways? Sounds like a joke or satire.

I am admittedly a complete noob to traditional shaving and Col. Conk is the only soap I've used so far, but I honestly don't see a problem with a $4 puck of soap lasting for 3 months. I used to pay $5 for a can of gel that would last two weeks at most. I have had some great shaves with my Col. Conk soap and honestly would be thrilled to get three months from my first puck. I know there are much better soaps out there that I have yet to try but my initial experiences with Col. Conk have been nothing but great.

Top Bottom