What's new

SOTD Tabula Gratulatoria - July 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toyo Special | Proraso Red | Thäter Bulb | Auslesse | Chanel Antæus (Vintage)
proxy.php

Another fabulous shave. I'm CBS and ready for a Temporary Restraining Order hearing...

Well there was no restraint here with this shave, Bill!:thumbup: and a mighty fine close-up also!:biggrin1: I have to say the Toyo "Special" is my favourite Japanese straight. I have honed all my other Japanese blades at least twice, yet this one is still holding a magnificent edge.

Prep L'Occitane Vetyver Soap
Razor Vintage Japanese Towa
Brush Simpson Chubby 1 in Super
Shaving Cream Simpson
Alum & Witch Hazel
L'Occitane Baux Balm
Penhaligon's Castile EDT

Jamie.

Sorry no German or Italian products today, but there will be another shave comming which will definitely include them, two pass shave, BBS the Japanese razors are so hard to beat, i wish i owned more.

proxy.php

I couldn't agree more, Jamie. Those Japanese westerns are superb razors. Did you get this one from Martin?

Just love the blend of colours, Matt!:thumbup: And Cella.....say no more!!!:001_wub:

Thank you, David. I haven't used Cella in awhile, but I won't go so long next time. Great shave.

Well there was no restraint here with this shave, Bill!:thumbup: and a mighty fine close-up also!:biggrin1: I have to say the Toyo "Special" is my favourite Japanese straight. I have honed all my other Japanese blades at least twice, yet this one is still holding a magnificent edge.

Thanks, David. I like this blade. I've only honed it once, but it's still holding that edge very well. It's a very nimble razor as well, which makes for a nice shave!

I'll second Ivan's comments on your pic, David! My Jabonman soaps arrived yesterday. I'm skipping the shave today with the 4th of July, but will be using the that exact one tomorrow, and I am eagerly looking forward to it. The scent is DIVINE! Do you find the soaps easy to lather?

Beautiful colorful setup David!

Jabonman's soaps arrived today and I yet have to finish my RazoRock XXX.
To hell with my stupid resolutions.

Thanks, Ivan, and please put the RazoRock XXX aside. As good as it is, you just can't delay the Jabonman soaps. You'll regret it if you do.:biggrin1:

I'll second Ivan's comments on your pic, David! My Jabonman soaps arrived yesterday. I'm skipping the shave today with the 4th of July, but will be using the that exact one tomorrow, and I am eagerly looking forward to it. The scent is DIVINE! Do you find the soaps easy to lather?

Thanks, Bill. As much as I like using a wet brush on my soaps, the Jabonman soaps work slightly better if you remove a little of the water first. Too much water I find, results in just a mass of liquid that can't be easily compensated for by endless swirls. Soak your brush and give it a couple of shakes first. The resulting lather is superb with great slickness and after feel. Enjoy tomorrow morning's shave.:biggrin1:

First time with the Jabonman soap, and I must say that Miguel has hit a home run here! This is a very good product. It is a vegetable based soap that lathers as easily and richly as MdC with a fragrance that is heaven for any vetiver fan! And I was left with a very nice face feel afterwards. What a way to start a Thursday!!!

GREAT PIC!
I just realized that Vetiver and Mandarina are written exactly the same in Croatian. I practically speak Spanish. :thumbup:
I still didn't get to use my new soaps. Only had the pleasure of enjoying the smell. The Marsella soap for about 176 times. Marsella scent is a fetish of mine and this one is S.T.R.O.N.G.

Thank you, Ivan. I really liked Manuel's soap. I won't claim to speak either Spanish or Croatian, but I do speak lather and had no trouble understanding this soap!!

I can see myself ordering more varieties of this soap!

Jabonman Vetiver/Mandarin/Litsea Cubeta | Rover | Revisor | Lucido | Vetiver de Carven
proxy.php

First time with the Jabonman soap, and I must say that Miguel has hit a home run here! This is a very good product. It is a vegetable based soap that lathers as easily and richly as MdC with a fragrance that is heaven for any vetiver fan! And I was left with a very nice face feel afterwards. What a way to start a Thursday!!!

I agree, Bill. Manuel has a winning range of soaps here with scents totally outside the norm. Now which one should be fourth?:001_unsur

Irisch Moos
Thater
5/8 Boker Edelweiss in bone
Irisch Moos ASL
Bvlgaqri PH EdC

proxy.php

I am rapidly becoming a fan of face lathering, after over a year of lathering with a bowl. I still do better with sticks, but who couldn't make good lather with this soap. It is indeed a shame it's no longer available.
Soap stick, puck or cream-face lathering is the way to go! Great choice of products, Mark!:thumbup:

Good Morning & Its my Final Exam Day!
~07/05/2012~

Semogue 1438 \\ Merkur Progress w/ Red IP \\ Proraso Crema Pre E Dopo Barba \\ MNS Bay Rum \\ NB Cooling After-Shave Gel

So thankfully i'm still within this week's theme. The Proraso preshave is used everyday w/out fail but just isn't pictured but the razor is b/c its pretty! Also just wanted to mentioned that I never thought I would ever buy a soap Bay Rum flavored. But until I saw it on sale for a new soap that comes with a tin @ $5, I just couldn't resist. If you really pay attention it almost smells like Coca Cola but earthy, quite interesting. Thankfully it isn't harsh b/c appyling AS or colognes aren't a problem. Have an excellent day Friends!

proxy.php

Bay rum is definitely not my thing, Balaji, especially after trying an Ogallala soap. This pic is gorgeous, my friend, and perhaps after today, you can have a well earned rest.:thumbup:

Good morning friends! :001_smile

PREP: Floïd Sandolor Pre Shave Gel
BRUSH: MÜHLE
SOAP/CREAM: ROXI Crema Barba (Elberel Italiana)
RAZOR: 6/8" Bonsa (Böntgen & Sabin)
STROP: Biber-Elster Feinste Spez. Juchte paddle strop
SHAVE: 2 passes, WTG/XTG
AS: Sir IRISCH MOOS
RESULT: Clean shave

proxy.php

Have a nice day,
Béla​

A wonderful composition and pic, Bela!:thumbup1:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom