What's new

Schick injector E series, finally got a couple good pictures!

So I spent some time tonight doing the final cleaning on my Schick Injector E series that I picked up on Ebay. Did I overpay for it? Probably, but I didn't want to miss it, and the others were more expensive.

So anyway, here's the beauty. I went to town on it with Lysol tile and tub spray, toothbrush, and pipe cleaner. I held the jaw open with a small plastic toothpick, which gave me just enough room to easily scrub the insides with a pipe cleaner.

I think it looks sharp, and can't wait to use it this Saturday. You can also see from the second picture that the blade (newly installed tonight) lines up with the two nubs perfectly, so the alignment should be good enough for an ATG shave. The box says this is from 1939, produced in Bridgeport CT! (my home state) and came with a twenty year warranty. Well, it's past that, but it's still in good shape!

I have an Injector Type E too and a n Eversharp Hydromagic 500, both are great razors.
At first it was a little bit strange to use an Injector, 'cause the blade is much more stiffer than a DE-blade, so I have noticed that it is important to stretch the skin decent.

If you notice that you will be rewarded with a BBS shave everytime.

Enjoy it.

I am about to try this exact razor and have a question.

Loaded it with a Schick injector blade that I bought off ebay...recent German production. After figuring out how to load it appears that the blade extends far beyond the top blade guard. About 3mm. Does not sound like a lot but is a lot more blade than is showing on a DE. Is this correct? The blade appears to extend the appropriate length for the bottom guard.

Thanks

Don't think of it as a top blade guard, think of it as a retainer to keep the blade in place. The injector blades are single-edged, so what you're seeing is just the bare metal of the blade, no harm there.

As long as the blade is resting on the two bumps in the front corners, it should be in the correct position.

I held the jaw open with a small plastic toothpick, which gave me just enough room to easily scrub the insides with a pipe cleaner.

You are aware that with this model you can swivel the spring under the head away to open the head for cleaning, yes?

You are aware that with this model you can swivel the spring under the head away to open the head for cleaning, yes?

I was not, actually. I wasn't sure if this was one of the ones where that would break it. So I just swivel that brass spring out? Woot.

The Hydro-Magics have a lever which loosens the shaving head for cleaning, the others do not. While it is possible to move the retaining spring to one side, it is not something I would want to do too often, as it may break or scratch the gold plating or brass.

I would not necessarily take it back based on no Hydro-Magic lever. :eek: These have been used for decades and no-one seemed to have a problem without it. It was not in use for that long a period of time. I mostly just wash it out and when the blade is replaced, a lot of the soap scum goes with the old blade. I have not noticed any difference in the shave btwn one and the other.

Using SB to get rid of any external gunk is really all you need to do.

I used Lysol tub and tile on the outside and pipe cleaners soak in it on the inside, propped open with a plastic toothpick. Worked a treat.

Hi there Mr M,
Yours is the first type of injector I tried when first starting down schick street. Since then, I've used most of the other types made, so I'm a bit familiar with those things. Now I'm DE shaving only, but I truly feel the injectors were what made the transition a LOT easier for me.
One thing to look for in any injector is how the blades are loaded. You need to watch and make sure that you don't accidentally run that blade over the safety bar. It's not tough to do, especially when there's some jerkiness or difficulty loading em right. Not all blades load like the schick blades do. Others I've tried, good blades though they were, could be a real PITA to load smoothly. If you dull the blade and try shaving with it......well, you get the idea.
You've gotten some very positive feedback about your 'E' type, but I'm telling you that to me, this is an aggressive razor by nature. The gap between the safety bar and blade is huge. I have no clue what 'setting' that would be on an adjustable DE, but it would be a big number. This is a tough razor to start on, and not only because of the gap. That short handle will be difficult to get used to, especially if you're used to a cartridge razor. Short handled DE razors have a LOT more weight in the head, which makes shaving easier. No need to use any pressure....letting the razor's weight do the job. You won't have that luxury. Hehe, I should also mention I DO quite like the looks of those little 'E' and 'G' types.
After finally finding the right schick model for me and the right blades, I was able to get consistant BBS shaves with it. No pulling, no irritation, and smooooth face. The learning curve isn't long, but finding the right match up can take a while.
If you like, I have a long handle 'L' type I can send you to try. Very popular model, and not overly aggressive. I also have a couple different blades you can play with. The personnas are one, and I have another I preferred more than those. You can have the razor on loan for a few weeks to see the difference between the two, and also get a feel for how different blades work for you. If you wanna buy it after that period, we can easily work something out. As you'll see, it's in very nice shape. If you decide it's not for you, then just send it back to me. How's that? I just hate seeing you not being to at least compare and see if there's any differences in types of injectors.
Pm me if you're interested,
Martin

So I spent some time tonight doing the final cleaning on my Schick Injector E series that I picked up on Ebay. Did I overpay for it? Probably, but I didn't want to miss it, and the others were more expensive.

So anyway, here's the beauty. I went to town on it with Lysol tile and tub spray, toothbrush, and pipe cleaner. I held the jaw open with a small plastic toothpick, which gave me just enough room to easily scrub the insides with a pipe cleaner.

I think it looks sharp, and can't wait to use it this Saturday. You can also see from the second picture that the blade (newly installed tonight) lines up with the two nubs perfectly, so the alignment should be good enough for an ATG shave. The box says this is from 1939, produced in Bridgeport CT! (my home state) and came with a twenty year warranty. Well, it's past that, but it's still in good shape!

I just picked up the same E type Schick injector at a flea market this weekend. My razor was in the blue leather clamshell case with the original black injector included. I did not really know what I was buying until I got home and looked up the razor type. Mine cleaned up nicely, and I will give it a shave soon.

-Steve

Hi there Mr M,
Yours is the first type of injector I tried when first starting down schick street. Since then, I've used most of the other types made, so I'm a bit familiar with those things. Now I'm DE shaving only, but I truly feel the injectors were what made the transition a LOT easier for me.
One thing to look for in any injector is how the blades are loaded. You need to watch and make sure that you don't accidentally run that blade over the safety bar. It's not tough to do, especially when there's some jerkiness or difficulty loading em right. Not all blades load like the schick blades do. Others I've tried, good blades though they were, could be a real PITA to load smoothly. If you dull the blade and try shaving with it......well, you get the idea.
You've gotten some very positive feedback about your 'E' type, but I'm telling you that to me, this is an aggressive razor by nature. The gap between the safety bar and blade is huge. I have no clue what 'setting' that would be on an adjustable DE, but it would be a big number. This is a tough razor to start on, and not only because of the gap. That short handle will be difficult to get used to, especially if you're used to a cartridge razor. Short handled DE razors have a LOT more weight in the head, which makes shaving easier. No need to use any pressure....letting the razor's weight do the job. You won't have that luxury. Hehe, I should also mention I DO quite like the looks of those little 'E' and 'G' types.
After finally finding the right schick model for me and the right blades, I was able to get consistant BBS shaves with it. No pulling, no irritation, and smooooth face. The learning curve isn't long, but finding the right match up can take a while.
If you like, I have a long handle 'L' type I can send you to try. Very popular model, and not overly aggressive. I also have a couple different blades you can play with. The personnas are one, and I have another I preferred more than those. You can have the razor on loan for a few weeks to see the difference between the two, and also get a feel for how different blades work for you. If you wanna buy it after that period, we can easily work something out. As you'll see, it's in very nice shape. If you decide it's not for you, then just send it back to me. How's that? I just hate seeing you not being to at least compare and see if there's any differences in types of injectors.
Pm me if you're interested,
Martin

Thanks very much Martin, for all the info. If this is a very aggressive razor, then perhaps I'll do ok when I try a DE! I had a very nice shave tonight, most comfortable of my three so far (though I did have a couple weepers I didn't see until after it was all said and done). PM on its way!

Ooh sounds good! I had one of these arrive this morning with 2 packets of blades, came part of a bundle that included a 3 piece 1909 tech and a 1920 'new' standard razor. I paid £12 ($24) for the lot inc pnp.

The guy advertised the razor as being vgc and I have to say it's one of the cleanest injectors i've seen in a while, the gold actually shines like a mirror, gonna try it out in a moment. Just need to clean a bit of fading up on the top and it should be as good as new.

You can lift up the spring and move it with some pliers if your adamanet on cleaning it but unless it's seriously gunkey soak the head in some hot water and steralising solution for a while as you may damage the razor

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Top Bottom