What's new

Making shave sticks

Hey B&B,
ive really been enjoying my Palmolive shave stick lately and I find this method of lathering very benificial to my shave. I'm thinking of turning my AOS sandalwood puck into shave sticks, has anyone done this? What's the best way?
Thanks
phil

My first suggestion (before you go and change your puck at all) would be to simply take it in your hand and rub it on your face as you would with a shave stick. If this gives you the sort of improvement that you are seeking, these little gadgets might be something for your shopping list.

I used an egg grater with an Arko stick. I then used an old TOB stick container. Pressed it in and have had no probs. Great for traveling or in my case shower shaving.

My first suggestion (before you go and change your puck at all) would be to simply take it in your hand and rub it on your face as you would with a shave stick. If this gives you the sort of improvement that you are seeking, these little gadgets might be something for your shopping list.

I use to do this with MWF. Its how I got the best results from it.

Just about all of my pucks are now sticks, mostly using Brut deo containers. I rarely bother to grate or chop the soap anymore: instead I use the container like a biscuit cutter, punching out the middle of the puck and maybe one or two sides. Then I just stack those up to make a stick.

This photo needs updating, but I think one of the sticks along the back has AoS in it.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is an older-style LEA holder. Before the latest reformulation, the holder was the best thing about LEA. Now I hear it is a good soap, and should still be a good holder. It can hold just about any of the narrow-gauge sticks, 29-mm give or take a bit. It is too small for a larger stick like Arko.

Top Bottom