What's new

Vintage Merkur Slant - Replacement Handle REDUX Round II - Stainless Steel Tube [PIC]

Not pleased with yesterday's wood turned handle (see here), and really not into turning some ebony or blackwood tonight in the crazy *** humidity and heat we have in South-Western Ontario right now, I nonetheless had to do some more razor tinkering tonight :)

Just a plain polished stainless steel tube - looks actually pretty nice I think. Fit is perfect. I don't have any experience or tools for texturing / knurling metals (yet) but perhaps someday.

I think I will shave with this as-is tomorrow and turn the next wood handle on the weekend. Depending on how tomorrow's shave feels I may or may not leave this handle in place and put the wood on another one :)

/Rob

$handle3.jpg

That is sweet. maybe a little slippery when wet and soapy, but undeniably sweet.

My friend, I think you may clean up with that bulk purchase.

Good one. I get the best shave from a slant. A couple of my vintage Gillettes come close; but none is better than a slant bar.

As someone who gets anxious approaching a razor with anything stronger than a soft toothbrush, I'm in awe of your abilities. I love salvage projects, but mine pale in comparison to yours. Beyond replacing a broken handle, you've produced a truly beautiful razor. Bravo!

As someone who gets anxious approaching a razor with anything stronger than a soft toothbrush, I'm in awe of your abilities. I love salvage projects, but mine pale in comparison to yours. Beyond replacing a broken handle, you've produced a truly beautiful razor. Bravo!

Thank you very much sir! Very kind words!

Top Bottom