What's new

TF&H Trafalgar - light blue or white, 1805 ?, Grafton ?

I prefer white no dye colored shaving creams, can anyone tell me if Trafalgar is light blue or white ?

How about 1805 & Grafton ?

Thanks ?
Have a good offer on some of the tubes, will need to know ASAP !

From what I remember, my Grafton sample was white. Sandalwood is certainly white too, if you're interested. As is Ultimate Comfort.

I had no brush coloring issues with any of my T&H samples (limes, rose, almond, grafton, sandalwood, lavender). The T&H creams that are colored have much lighter colors than say Trumper's colored creams, which I consider heavily colored. Trumper's rose did color my brush a bit, but it went out with the next shave.

From what I remember, my Grafton sample was white. Sandalwood is certainly white too, if you're interested. As is Ultimate Comfort.

I had no brush coloring issues with any of my T&H samples (limes, rose, almond, grafton, sandalwood, lavender). The T&H creams that are colored have much lighter colors than say Trumper's colored creams, which I consider heavily colored. Trumper's rose did color my brush a bit, but it went out with the next shave.

Thanks - i own the TF&H Sandalwood (threw it out, hated the cologne scent on my skin when I expected a sandalwood) & the Ultimate Comfort already (love that stuff), just wanted to try the cologne based Trafalgar, 1805 and Grafton.

Reason why I only go with white no dye colored cream is:

1. Brush issue - just do not want to use a colored cream! Even if it will not dye the brush after one or two shaves ! I mean the argument is that this stuff is natural compared to the chemical waste shaving canned goo gels out there and then you buy a heavily perfumed fragranced dye colored cream, that is supposed to be sooooo natural and high quality......come on guys....... I own 40+ shave creams, none are dyed, some have a fragrance, actually almost all - but I just stay away from colored creams PERIOD :001_tt2:

2. The color very very seldom is natural but dyed into the cream. I try to stay as natural as possible. Heck I'm into this game partly because I want to take part of the old tradition and use high quality stuff to put close to and on directly contact with my skin and face. No colored cream for me, thank you very much, Sir :001_smile

I actually ought to skip the TF&H cologne creams all together, but got a good deal on some tubes - and want to test them and don't want to mess with samples and shipping from TF&H.....

The Penhaligon creams, while fragranced, smell very natural to me. Same with my Acqua Di Parma cream. The TF&H Sandalwood was the worst stinking cologne bomb I've ever smelled in a shaving cream. Dead awfull IMHO Speick is fragranced, but smell pretty natural and great. TOBS Mr. Taylor is cologne based cream, but is very toned down same with DR Harris Arlington. Wonder if all the TF&H cologne creams are screaming like their new take on Sandalwood does ? HOPE NOT :closedeye

THANKS !

Last edited:
The new T&H sandalwood (I haven't smelled the old) has its fans, but also a notable amount of haters. I agree that it isn't a good smell, I describe it as disinfectant perfumed not to smell like disinfectant. In terms of scent in the T&H line the cologne based creams are the way to go as far as I understand - 1805 is very popular, it seems to be the least polarizing scents in the T&H line.

If you have a good deal, don't hesitate to try at least one of those you mentioned. In my sample pack the sandalwood was something of its own - in a bad way. T&H should go fast on BST, should you be disappointed.

The new T&H sandalwood (I haven't smelled the old) has its fans, but also a notable amount of haters. I agree that it isn't a good smell, I describe it as disinfectant perfumed not to smell like disinfectant. In terms of scent in the T&H line the cologne based creams are the way to go as far as I understand - 1805 is very popular, it seems to be the least polarizing scents in the T&H line.

If you have a good deal, don't hesitate to try at least one of those you mentioned. In my sample pack the sandalwood was something of its own - in a bad way. T&H should go fast on BST, should you be disappointed.

Yeahhh I'm going to take a chance and order 1 tube of Grafton and one tube of 1805 - since I now have so many creams that I simply haven't got the space in neither my cabinet in the bedroom nor the cabinet in the bathroom for any more pots, so have to go with tubes - and this is the last I will buy in a while.........until I see a new product tomorrow and MUST have that :001_tt2:

No seriously - I have 48 shave creams now, have sold some, but have kept the best of them, and I'm now moving on to getting me some new DE razors and badger brushes........ :thumbup1:

Trafalgar is blue.

Thanks for the info - I'll avoid it then :tongue_sm

I have both Grafton and 1805 and they are white. They are also outstanding performers. I enjoy the scent of both of them so much that I have purchased the SB and cologne.

Regards,

Doug

Have you tried the Queen Charlotte Soap creams? The ones I've tried do not have a cologne scent at all--natural and subtle.

I have both Grafton and 1805 and they are white. They are also outstanding performers. I enjoy the scent of both of them so much that I have purchased the SB and cologne.

Regards,

Doug

Both 1805 & Grafton are ordered now..... :w00t:

T and H creams are so nice, I just ordered a set of 1805 cream and balm, and also pre shave oil. Can't wait for it to get here!

Top Bottom