What's new

Swimming with Groom & Clean?

Has anyone gone swimming with Groom & Clean in your hair? I can speculate on a multitude of issues of going swimming with this hair product in, but I was wondering if anyone has done it before, and if there have been any serious issues?

I adopted G&C as my hair product of choice a few months ago and have completely loved it. In a few weeks I'll be on a camping trip... usually a week of grubbing out, but this will be the first camping trip with wet shaving and G&C in my hygiene arsenal. So I just started thinking about it and was getting a little worried.

I know G&C is a water soluble hair product. I'll probably be swimming in a lake and I'm worried, will I have issues with it running down onto my face, body and clothes, etc? Will I be spending time rescuing ducks who can't fly because they are coated in my hair product? Will it turn into a red cloud and follow me around so everyone knows I am wearing Groom & Clean??

Seriously though, just wondering if anyone has encountered problems there... I have been caught in the rain and didn't notice anything too dramatic... but swimming and dunking under water could cause a visible oil slick or something. I imagine with Brylcreem it would be a major issue, since those types of products are more of a grease. Groom and Clean is a little different though.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance men of hair knowledge!

Dont worry about showering. Lakes are a huge toilet for many species of wildlife and a depository for a tons of human waste and excess run off from rain. Groom and Clean is not going to do anything except dissipate in the water. Now if you used gasoline it might be a different story.

I dont think it will hurt a thing... I slick my hair with about 2 quarter sized dollups daily to maintain my classic 50's side part. The only time it was an issue for me was when I got caught changing a tire and it came a downpour, since it is water soluble it ran into my eyes and stung my eyes a bit, but no real damage...other than my eyes and my flattened hair lol!!

It's water soluble. It will disappear from your hair real quick. No worries. But for camping... skip it and wear a hat!

Not a good idea for camping - will end up all over your clothing and everything else, especially if it rains, which is usually does out camping.

I imagine with Brylcreem it would be a major issue, since those types of products are more of a grease. Groom and Clean is a little different though.

Any thoughts?

My only thought is Brylcreem, being NOT water soluble wouldn't be the one with major issues. G&C is different mostly in that it IS water soluble. But in all honesty, you're camping, who CARES? If it's that big a deal wear a hat, I don't even want to think about what kind of critters you might wake up to stuck in your greased up coiffure on a camping trip. *LOL*

My only thought is Brylcreem, being NOT water soluble wouldn't be the one with major issues. G&C is different mostly in that it IS water soluble. But in all honesty, you're camping, who CARES? If it's that big a deal wear a hat, I don't even want to think about what kind of critters you might wake up to stuck in your greased up coiffure on a camping trip. *LOL*

I couldn't help but think of this:
proxy.php

Well, I ended up getting a significant haircut before my trip. I got the sides buzzed pretty short and the top has just barely enough length to comb down. So in the off chance I do clean up to go in to town mid-trip, I'll only need a small dab of G&C to get everything under control. Other than that I'll probably be rocking a hat, just to help cut down on sun exposure.

Thanks to everyone for all the input. And wish me luck in bear country!:taz:

Well, I ended up getting a significant haircut before my trip. I got the sides buzzed pretty short and the top has just barely enough length to comb down. So in the off chance I do clean up to go in to town mid-trip, I'll only need a small dab of G&C to get everything under control. Other than that I'll probably be rocking a hat, just to help cut down on sun exposure.

Thanks to everyone for all the input. And wish me luck in bear country!:taz:

Just dont ever get in a hot tub with Brylcreem or Royal Crown, that did cause a oilslick

I have to agree with not needing it while camping. It reminds me of the time I went camping overnight with a group of people and all the girls had to shower and use shampoo in the morning. We weren't even there for a full 24 hours. I couldn't help myself but think, "***, really?"

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I'm trying to get the picture out of my head of a guy wearing Groom and Clean and having a swarm of gnats and mosquitoes stuck to his noggin like flypaper.

Top Bottom