What's new

About tio order the Edwin Jagger Chatworth Barley - what head does it come with ?

Hello Forum :001_smile

I'm about to order the Edwin Jagger Chatworth Barley matte chrome together with a Mühle Stylo Thuja Wood (DE + Stylo Synth Silvertip fibre brush + stand) from shaving.ie - and always thought Edwin Jagger and Mühle shared the same head, but now I read an old review on B&B where they say the Chatswroth comes with a Mercur HD head. Does this still apply or was this how it used to be, before Mühle and EJ started to construct their own head design ?

Thanks for the help :blushing:

Hello Forum :001_smile

I'm about to order the Edwin Jagger Chatworth Barley matte chrome together with a Mühle Stylo Thuja Wood (DE + Stylo Synth Silvertip fibre brush + stand) from shaving.ie - and always thought Edwin Jagger and Mühle shared the same head, but now I read an old review on B&B where they say the Chatswroth comes with a Mercur HD head. Does this still apply or was this how it used to be, before Mühle and EJ started to construct their own head design ?

Thanks for the help :blushing:
looks like this
proxy.php

I don't think EJ would put a Merkur head on when they have an 89 head.

All the ones I've seen have the 89 head.

I don't think EJ would put a Merkur head on when they have an 89 head.

All the ones I've seen have the 89 head.
This.

All Jagger razors come with the same head. Jagger DE89 and the Muhle R89 are the same heads, even though the apparent partnership was broken.
There is still debate as to the true source. Interviews with the head of Jagger indicate that Jagger manufactures the DE89, but makes no claim about the R89 other than stating that they WERE developed in a cooperative agreement.

Jagger may or may not actually manufacture the Muhle R89... but the Jagger head remains unchanged from the DE/R89.

Oki, thanks :001_smile

Think Edwin Jagger used to use the Merkur heads before he started the collaboration with Mühle, where they together created the R89 DE head and now use that head solely in all their mild DE razors.

This.

All Jagger razors come with the same head. Jagger DE89 and the Muhle R89 are the same heads, even though the apparent partnership was broken.
There is still debate as to the true source. Interviews with the head of Jagger indicate that Jagger manufactures the DE89, but makes no claim about the R89 other than stating that they WERE developed in a cooperative agreement.

Jagger may or may not actually manufacture the Muhle R89... but the Jagger head remains unchanged from the DE/R89.

I read an interview with Jagger on SMF forum and there he pretty clearly explains how he together with Mühle created and designed the R89 head. They both have the rights to this head design. Mühle then has since that made the R41 head, which they have the exclusive rights to use (so far)...

I read an interview with Jagger on SMF forum and there he pretty clearly explains how he together with Mühle created and designed the R89 head. They both have the rights to this head design. Mühle then has since that made the R41 head, which they have the exclusive rights to use (so far)...

Exactly.
What is not answered in the interview is who manufactures the Muhle R89 heads... Jagger or if Muhle has another source.

What I disagree with is that the two companies have severed ties. Both Jagger and Muhle sell aftershave balms, in the same bottle design (okay, not uncommon), but also the same fragrances... Sandalwood, Sea Buckthorne, and a 3rd that escapes me at the moment.

Exactly.
What is not answered in the interview is who manufactures the Muhle R89 heads... Jagger or if Muhle has another source.

What I disagree with is that the two companies have severed ties. Both Jagger and Muhle sell aftershave balms, in the same bottle design (okay, not uncommon), but also the same fragrances... Sandalwood, Sea Buckthorne, and a 3rd that escapes me at the moment.

Agreed. Their shaving soap, shaving cream, after shave & brush handles in the basic plastic versions are also identical. Only the more expensive lines separates them (Stylo & Sophist for instance for Mühle & Chatsworth Barley for Edwin Jagger)

Also THINK/guess their Silvertip badger hair comesbfrom the same OEM.
Again Mühle seems a step ahead with the R41 Open comb razor head and the new Silvertip Fibrebsynthetic brushes.....

Top Bottom