What's new

Razor Care

After having 2 of my blades go rusty in my razors, some of the rust has stained my razors and I was wondering if there is any way of getting it off and preventing it from happening in the future?

So far I have cleaned my razors and then coated them with Johnson's baby oil, which has made them even shinier and stopped my SS from squeaking when I'm twisting it open.

I wonder if the baby oil will help give me a bbs shave? :laugh:

soaking if bakind soda and hot water and then using toothbrush and baking soda and good soap to clean the rust.
Prevention would be to use hot water to thoroughly rinse the razor and blade after use and remove the blade from the razor, but most blades should not rust in a 3-5 days, which is the standard live of most blades. How long did you have it in there?

To prevent rust in my razors I take the blade out after every shave, rinse out the razor, dry it off and no problems

To help get rid of the excess water I use canned Air that are used to blow off dust on computers. You can find a can at Wal-Mart and you just give the razor a few quick blast.

Top Bottom