What's new

TGN Finest vs TGN Silvertip

I have four handles that I am restoring and am trying to decide what knots from TGN to use. I've read good things about the Finest knots and wanted to see what you fine members thought about the Finest vs the Silvertip knots. In terms of knot size looking at either 22mm or 24mm with a loft at 50mm since I primarily use soaps. Let me know what you think.

I have no experience with the Silvertip, but I love the Finest knots. They feel like I'm face lathering with a old, soft rug. If that makes any sense?!

Silvertip is a lot more softer than the finest 2 band. I had a 24/48 in 2 band and it was lovely and balanced. I then had a 26/48 in silvertip and it was a lot softer. It's very luxurious.

I personally prefer 2 band finest.

Silvertip is a lot more softer than the finest 2 band. I had a 24/48 in 2 band and it was lovely and balanced. I then had a 26/48 in silvertip and it was a lot softer. It's very luxurious.

I personally prefer 2 band finest.

Being that I already have a Silvertip and an Extra Silvertip from Rod Neep, I think I'll be checking out the finest. From what I've read those do seem to have more backbone which would be a plus since I mainly use soaps.

Finest feels like soft gel on my face. If silver tip is any softer, might actually fall into the category of too soft

Finest feels like soft gel on my face. If silver tip is any softer, might actually fall into the category of too soft

More glowing praise for the Finest. I think that's the way to go. Anybody have any pro, cons preferences between the bulb and fan shapes?

Since you are restoring four brushes, why not get both the fan and the bulb? I have a fan, and like it. Set it a little lower if you want minimal splaying of the knot. The finest are great knots. I like all of mine.

Since you are restoring four brushes, why not get both the fan and the bulb? I have a fan, and like it. Set it a little lower if you want minimal splaying of the knot. The finest are great knots. I like all of mine.

That's what I'm going to do blondie. How much lower should I set the fan knot? I was thinking 50mm. Is that low enough?

Last edited:
Top Bottom