What's new

Please help me help my grandfather!

Guys,

I am not by any stretch of the imagination a fashionable guy. I have been wearing the same t-shirts since college and its jeans in the winter and khaki shorts in the summer. So I am completely out of my element here.

My Papa on the other hand is a snappy old italian guy who used to be dressed to the nines at all times. Almost every time I see him he tells me one story; the story of his pink and black suede shoes. He loved those shoes and had to sell them because my grandma would not be seen in public with him when he had them on. He often jokes that he should have gotten rid of her instead of the shoes (they really do still have a great marriage, I swear:lol:).

I have been looking sporadically for years to find a pair of shoes that match his description to surprise him with. This was probably towards the 40's or early 50's so I am looking for something that looks vintage in pink and black suede. I know some of you are into vintage clothes and I was hoping somebody had a lead. Any help is appreciated.

nrv216

like these but black and pink?
$$(KGrHqN,!h0E4qRDB16lBOUtD-2U(w~~48_12.JPG

M80, very close! If the colors were pink and black either would be perfect! Who is the maker of those shoes? Maybe I could contact them and get something put together! Thanks!

Corey, I said my Papa not my Pimpa! :lol:

nrv216

Legion

Staff member
Hit the local bowling alley? Just kidding. Man, you will be very lucky to find that, especially in the right size, since they will probably have to be vintage.

Personally, If I was a grandpa, I would be rocking a pair of Chuck Taylor Converse. Every day. Age has it's privileges.

Or slippers. Slippers are the best.

Here's something you could do: goodbye folk will do custom orders on shoes in whatever colors you desire. You could get them to do one of these styles
in suede and in Pink and Black. I know that these aren't suede but I think they would be able to construct a suede shoe for you. You could contact them with your ideas at least. Voila!

$il_570xN.323882426.jpg$il_570xN.342688398.jpg

Guys,

I am not by any stretch of the imagination a fashionable guy. I have been wearing the same t-shirts since college and its jeans in the winter and khaki shorts in the summer. So I am completely out of my element here.

My Papa on the other hand is a snappy old italian guy who used to be dressed to the nines at all times. Almost every time I see him he tells me one story; the story of his pink and black suede shoes. He loved those shoes and had to sell them because my grandma would not be seen in public with him when he had them on. He often jokes that he should have gotten rid of her instead of the shoes (they really do still have a great marriage, I swear:lol:).

I have been looking sporadically for years to find a pair of shoes that match his description to surprise him with. This was probably towards the 40's or early 50's so I am looking for something that looks vintage in pink and black suede. I know some of you are into vintage clothes and I was hoping somebody had a lead. Any help is appreciated.

nrv216

Ask him for a photo of him sporting those shoes. Then find a closely matching black and white pair and have a cobbler dye the white part pink.

Ask him for a photo of him sporting those shoes. Then find a closely matching black and white pair and have a cobbler dye the white part pink.

Thanks,

I forgot about this thread with all of the wedding planning I've been helping with. I think this is what I'll do!

nrv216

Thanks,

I forgot about this thread with all of the wedding planning I've been helping with. I think this is what I'll do!

nrv216

I think I have the ticket right here: This fabulous pair of 30s 40s NOS Weyenberg Suede and Calfskin Cap Toe Spectators.
I don't know what your grandpa's size is, but these things are ready to be hit with some pink, I'd say. I think they'd look real classy. I reckon it will be damn difficult finding a similar shoe in NOS condition from this era and for your purposes.

Check it out:

$il_570xN.353072957_sm0i.jpg

The price tag is $349. Not sure if that fits with your budget, but maybe the rest of the fam would chip in. ;)

Top Bottom