What's new

Ooh the pain...

Thought I'd share my latest shaving experience with you as it certainly was memorable for me.
Whilst on holiday in Tunisia I decided to pop along to the hotel barber for a nice shave.
Upon arrival I noticed the big jar of Barbasol on the shelf and cursed for not having popped into the nearest drug store to buy some for home!
Well the chap seemed very nice and lathered me up before Unsheathing his shaverette or whatever it's called (looks like a straight but uses disposable blades). Nothing new there. After shaving me twice (badly as I noticed later - my 4 weeks experience with a DE would out him to shame) he then cursed me for shaving WTG on the bottom of my neck, claiming that if I went ATG the hairs would grow in the same direction as the rest of my beard (hmmmm I wonder).
Anyway he proceeded to re-lather my face and then use a hairdryer on the lather....didnt understand why.
Next he shaved the back of my neck, cut my ear and nose hairs (with the same scissors he would use for the next fellow coming for a trim) and finally the piece de resistance and the bit linked to the title of my post.... He popped off, only to come back 30 seconds later with a length of tooth floss (or similar) between his teeth which he proceeded to twist and then pluck the hairs between my eyebrows, my temples and finally the fluff that grows just above my beard line on my cheeks....Oooow
i now understand why the missus prefers to shave her legs, it has to be one of the most eye watering moments that I experienced in a long time, but it did leave me with a lovely healthy glowing face.

Anyone else been plucked by a barber?

My neighbor has a spa, and she specializes in "eyebrow threading." I watched her do this for my wife, and I almost passed out.

I can't speak for your barber, but I was shaving ATG on my neck when I first started and I had the most brutal razor burn. Thankfully someone on the boards advised me to shave WTG upwards to my Adam's apple. And my GOD, I would never "eyebrow thread". They have a booth that does it over at Roosevelt field mall and I saw one kid almost faint. My Colin Farrell style eyebrows would probably cause me to go into shock.

Guy at work had his eye brows done. He had un-natural looking straight eye brows that just had to be mocked for several weeks by all.

My girlfriend swears by eyebrow threading (for her). It looks interesting, I've never had it done... I do pluck my eyebrows with a tweezer every week or two (if I don't i end up with one weird neanderthal looking unibrow that goes all the way across my face) and the amount of eye watering that casues has made me want to try getting my eyebrows threaded next time. The woman at my local indian market only charges $8 to do it.

Ok I forgot to add that he trimmed the whiskery hairs in my eyebrows to avoid the Jeff Bridges look too.

In summary:
Shave
Temple, cheeks and middle eyebrow threaded
Nose and ear hairs trimmed
Eyebrows trimmed
back of neck shaved

All for 10 Dinars, in your US of A money that works out at about 6 bucks!!!! Cheap as chips even if it was painful and badly done.

Re the razor burn - I couldn't shave my neck for two days whilst the hairs painfully grew back.

All for 10 Dinars, in your US of A money that works out at about 6 bucks!!!! Cheap as chips even if it was painful and badly done.

Re the razor burn - I couldn't shave my neck for two days whilst the hairs painfully grew back.

Crikey... I'd have gone back and demanded my money back!..And compensation!! :001_tongu

Top Bottom