What's new

Need suggestions on a leather/cedar fragrance

My wife and I were strolling over the weekend in some speciality stores and came across this cande company called Voluspa. There was a scent called Suede Blanc that smelled wonderful. I liked it and she liked it even more. The description on the box classifies it as leathery with hints of cedar. Very soft scented but the leather definitely sticks out.

I am wondering if anyone can suggest a cologne that has these combinations? Unfortunately, this company only makes candles as far as I know.

Thanks, everyone.

Rafi

If you want straight up "pencil shavings" cedar smell, I recommend Dirty English. If you want a refined cedar note, Burberry London is a suggestion (or as Timmy Dee says, Gucci PH if you can find it) . I'm not up on my leather cologne knowledge, but others will chime in I'm sure.

Last edited:
Sorry Ed and Rafi. I did originally post Gucci PH as a suggestion, but it's so hard to find these days I deleted my post.

L'Occitane Vetyver has strong cedar notes. Pinaud Special Reserve screams leather when I use it but it also has vanilla notes as well. Combining the two might get you where you wanna go, with a little vanilla on the side...a $5 decant of each would be one way to try this combo

just a thought

Best,

Jake
Reddick Fla.

Gucci PH is available in the US at many Sephoras, and that is a definite cedar smell. I absolutely love it, but I don't get leather, just straight up wood. Still, if you're in the states it's worth checking out.

Isn't Tam Dao mostly cedar, despite many people's belief that it is sandalwood? That seems to be the consensus amoung many sandalwood connoisseurs. Whatever it is, I like it. But the OP asked about cedar-leather combo, right, not just cedar?

Gucci PH is available in the US at many Sephoras, and that is a definite cedar smell. I absolutely love it, but I don't get leather, just straight up wood. Still, if you're in the states it's worth checking out.

I don't think it is available anymore. Ever since it was disco'd, all the frag heads scoured the country for leftover and lonely bottles.

I don't think it is available anymore. Ever since it was disco'd, all the frag heads scoured the country for leftover and lonely bottles.

its discontinued??? i saw 3 or 4 bottles at the sephora at the nearby mall last month...guess i should swing by and see if they are still there...I really like it just didn't want to pay the sephora price...

its discontinued??? i saw 3 or 4 bottles at the sephora at the nearby mall last month...guess i should swing by and see if they are still there...I really like it just didn't want to pay the sephora price...

I'm not sure what the real story is, but it seems that Sephora is the only place that still carries it. New stock also, not just selling off old stock. Nice thing about Sephora is they'll give you a sample, so I highly recommend trying it out if you like wood scents. I love it.

Regarding Gucci PH. I see two types of bottles online: one is square and the other, which appears to be an older version, more of a tube shape. Are both similar or are there differences?

The Tam Dao sample I had smelled to me of raw sandalwood. I can see where some suggest cedar, and I wouldn't argue, but "soft scented with leather sticking out" is not what I would call Tam Dao. Not soft at all, and I don't remember any leather.

Top Bottom