What's new

Which Eucaliptus-mint soap do you prefer?

Hi, mates!

I'm thinking in buying a fresh soap for this summer, not too "freezing" like Nanny's Ice&Slice Nanny's or Vostok but still refreshing and with a good, strong Eucaliptus/Mint scent. So I was thinking in buying some of these soaps:

- New Proraso "green" pot (parabens free)
- Razorock Mentolipto
- Razorock Eucaliptus&Tea Tree
- Nanny's Eucaliptus&Tea Tree

What will you prefer from these and why? Any other suggestion?

Cheers!

The only one on the list I have tried is the new formula Proraso Green. It lathers with ease, and gives me a nice shave too.

Arko cool is nice and cheap and gives a nice medium menthol kick. I like it because Proraso seems to be a bit too much menthol for me.\

Mentholipto was the lightest of the ones I've tried (although I've only tried that one and Proraso).

I can PIF you a small aluminium tin with some SMN if you are interested? Should last you a decent while, and give you the chance to try it out.

Yeap, I know that SMN is a wonderful soap, but guys, is soooo expensive.... I can't afford it, simply...

Remember, the tub is huge - 7.4 oz. - more than twice the size of most soaps. And it's efficient, too. Sure it's a heavy outlay up front, but it will last you for literally years, and it's soooo good.

If you're dead set, though, Razorock is good stuff. I haven't tried the eucalyptus scents obviously, but that'd be my un-informed recommendation from among those listed.

RR is a great choice.

I also like Connaught Cooling shave cream, however they are a banned vendor here (and the cream contains parabens, for those who prefer paraben free).

surprisingly i'm going to say that my favorite "eucalyptus-mint" soap is original proraso. the new formula certainly performs better, there's no denying that, but WOW the old formula had such an extremely, incredibly better scent. the old formula was one of the most joyous things i've ever smelled in my entire life. the new one smells dusty, like a handful of eucalyptus leaves that i picked up from the ground at the end of summer or something. it's not unpleasant and it's a wonderful performer but i mourn the loss of the original scent very much.

RR is a great choice.

I also like Connaught Cooling shave cream, however they are a banned vendor here (and the cream contains parabens, for those who prefer paraben free).

My understanding is that the management eliminated banned vendors last year. I know I have mentioned Connaught several times (they gave me great service BTW) and haven't heard a peep from the moderators about it. I attempted to get a list of banned vendors from a couple of mods when I started posting here and was unable to get one (so I had no idea who they were anyway).

I can PIF you a small aluminium tin with some SMN if you are interested? Should last you a decent while, and give you the chance to try it out.

Very generous offer. I agree, SMN is also my favorite. :thumbup1: On the cheap it is hard to beat the new Poraso green in a tub. I'm getting some very good shaves from this lately. I use the little travel tub.

Calani "ice angel". The soap includes lanolin and mango oil - it makes an incredible lather. Leaves the face more supple even than SMN. Calani also offers tea tree which is a fresh take on green tea. These soaps are very good and deserve more press.

Mentolipto in my opinion does not fit your bill, it is a very very mild scent. Excellent performing and not offensive smelling, but I would not describe it as eucalyptus/mint at all.

Very generous offer. I agree, SMN is also my favorite. :thumbup1: On the cheap it is hard to beat the new Poraso green in a tub. I'm getting some very good shaves from this lately. I use the little travel tub.

Calani "ice angel". The soap includes lanolin and mango oil - it makes an incredible lather. Leaves the face more supple even than SMN. Calani also offers tea tree which is a fresh take on green tea. These soaps are very good and deserve more press.

I need to grab myself some Calani "ice angel" then. Although I will be surprised (and saddened) if it manages to knock SMN off of the top spot.

Top Bottom