What's new

SOTD Tabula Gratulatoria - May 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got home from a week away, and what a lovely post, Rune. Hope your daughter is having a fun day. Is she having a party at home? In the UK, most parents don't even go there....they book another place!!!!:wink2::001_smile

Thanks David, she sure did (I don't understand where they get all the energy from...)

It's starting to get more common to book a place here as well, but we're still having the parties at home.

Good morning friends!

PREP: Floïd Sandolor Pre Shave Gel
BRUSH: SIMPSON CHUBBY 2 Best Badger
SOAP/CREAM: Mama Bear's Polynesian Red Glycerin Shave Soap
SCUTTLE / BOWL: Lacquered bamboo bowl from Burma
RAZOR: 6/8" Wacker Jubiläummesser 2010 Mod. 2 Full Hollow Ground, Shoulderless, w/ laser etched spine, (Blond Horn scales)
STROP: Kanayama Cordovan #60000
SHAVE: 2 passes, WTG/XTG
AS: J&E Atkinson's I COLONIALI, Sooting Aftershave Emulsion with Rhubarb
RESULT: A wonderful shave

proxy.php

Have a nice day,
Béla

A very elegant shave and pic for a Sunday morning, Bela:001_smile:thumbup1: Did you have a frog in your throat this morning, my friend? So glad you removed it beforehand!!!:lol::lol:

Monday, 28.v.2012

Predopobarba Vitos
Vie-Long 16728 2-band
La Toja pieles sensibles
Mühle R101 (2009)
Wilkinson Classic
Thayer's Witch Hazel Lemon
La Toja Loción

proxy.php
And yet another cracking pic, Emanuel!:thumbup1: La Toja packaging makes for a wonderful colour scheme, I think.:001_smile

MWF / HJM31 P8 / Gillette Tech + Feather / Aqua Velva
proxy.php

Have a nice day.

MWF heaven this morning, I see.:thumbup1: I thought about it but it leaves my skin a little too oily afterwards for these hotter days. Maybe I should wish the weather to take a turn for the worse!:wink2::laugh:

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Marco, you wanted to start the thread this morning, and you've produced a stunner, my friend!:thumbup1: B&W and "old" are a favourite of mine.....Amazing pic!:thumbup1:

Thank you so very much, Sir! And what about an "OLD B&W" themed week for June, Gentlemen?

proxy.php

Provence Sante Green Tea - Edwin Jagger Georgian-style badger - Bull Mastiff (SC NEW) - Med Prep - Pre de Provence AS Balm - Annick Goutal Eau du Sud edt

Love that EJ brush, Matt.:thumbup1: I had the Georgian handled DE for a while but the balance wasn't quite there for me.

proxy.php

This holiday Monday morning in Barcelona, Semogue 830 and Ach.Brito Lavender cream; Edwin Jagger DE89 Head with a Russian Super Iridium blade from my friend Milo, in his fifth (and last) use; old Floid aftershave; I thought were a good complement to the today's star-shave.

And the star-shave. My old "U1 12/15" of Raphael, his first job, which only made 28 units.
After release these last days the "U2 12/15" and "Godzilla 15/15", I'm back to the first handle.

The razor was behaving like with U2 (since they are equal in dimension), performing better than it does with its Barley handle. More stable, more finisher, but without losing the smoothness of this head geometry associated with the great Russian blade. A clean, perfect and smooth cut. No surprises, no shocks, predictive, reliable.

I can certify that this handle has much improved the final result. The dimensions and proportions are good. It handles very well. The weight is correct and well distributed. You know that I shave in the shower in the tub with running water and wet hands. The grip is phenomenal. The feel is smooth, without burrs, without ribs, but very good grip. No slips with a wet hand or soap dripping fingers.

And the good news for Badger&Blade fellows: My friend Rafael told me that in the coming weeks will produce some handles for you. There will be few lucky guys who can enjoy them with pleasure.

A spectacular pic you have here....full of colour and vibrancy!:thumbup1:

Pre-Shave: Hot towels
Brush: SRP Thäter
Razor: Wade & Butcher 7/8
Strop: 40/60 Neil Miller Linen/Kanayama Cordovan
Soap: Martin de Candre
After shave: Str8fencer's Florida Water
Results: A great afternoon shave!!

proxy.php

You've thrown me today, Rune:wink2: Don't usually expect to see your posts at this time of day. Magnificent one it is too! I was beginning to become disillusioned about W&B blades as I have 2 and couldn't get a decent shave from either of them. Taken them back, and back, and back to the hones, and finally.......!!!!:thumbup::thumbup:

Cold Water Splash
Semogue 1800
Gillette President
Personna Meds Blue
TFS Bergamotto Neroli
Cold Water Rinse
TFS Bergamotto Neroli Balm

Best shave I have had in a while. The Personna Meds are incredible, as is the Bergamotto Neroli. The menthol in the balm is a fantastic addition.

proxy.php
A month on and that 1800 hasn't changed a bit, Till!:wink2::lol::lol:
Seriously though, a really great SOTD pic, my friend:thumbup1:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom