What's new

Post your shave dens!

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
One month into this DE thing. I don't have AD, I can stop any time I want!!

View attachment 246024
Awesome you're using Vie-Long Gonzalo Mixed Horse and Boar Brush (I have one too), and Clubman (which the Mrs. and I love the Citrus Musk Cologne)!!! :thumbsup:

Although, you may not be additted yet (I think I'm holding up fairly well...with a few exceptions), because we all suffer (gladly and are doomed perhaps), from this shaving complusion (and other Acquisition Disorders), because at times..."Resistance is futile".
proxy.php

"Lead us not into temptation. Just tell us where it is; we'll find it". Sam Levenson

On another thought...how do you like the Gonzalo?
proxy.php

Here is my 1st Impression Review of the Gonzalo...http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/287939-My-Vie-Long-Gonzalo-Mixed-Horse-and-Boar-Brush-1st-Impressions?highlight=

attachment.php
“Laughter is the [shave den]...that sweeps away the cobwebs of your heart”. Mort Walker

Last edited:
Awesome you're using Vie-Long Gonzalo Mixed Horse and Boar Brush (I have one too), and Clubman (which the Mrs. and I love the Citrus Musk Cologne)!!! :thumbsup:

Although, you may not be additted yet (I think I'm holding up fairly well...with a few exceptions), because we all suffer (gladly and are doomed perhaps), from this shaving complusion (and other Acquisition Disorders), because at times..."Resistance is futile".
proxy.php

"Lead us not into temptation. Just tell us where it is; we'll find it". Sam Levenson

On another thought...how do you like the Gonzalo?
proxy.php

Here is my 1st Impression Review of the Gonzalo...http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/287939-My-Vie-Long-Gonzalo-Mixed-Horse-and-Boar-Brush-1st-Impressions?highlight=

attachment.php
“Laughter is the [shave den]...that sweeps away the cobwebs of your heart”. Mort Walker
I really like the Gonzalo. As you noted in your review, it makes great lather. My best brush so far for lather production. The other day, my son with autism was watching me get ready to shave and I let him pick the brush to use. He picked the Gonzalo - good taste runs in my family!

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
I really like the Gonzalo. As you noted in your review, it makes great lather. My best brush so far for lather production. The other day, my son with autism was watching me get ready to shave and I let him pick the brush to use. He picked the Gonzalo - good taste runs in my family!
Thanx for your reply, support and for sharing...enjoy your shaves. :thumbsup:

proxy.php
“Laughter is the [shaving] brush thatsweeps away the cobwebs of your heart”. Mort Walker

Nice collection. Are those 3 different types of Old Spice?

Yes, I have put them up on another thread under Old Spice. It's an attempt to get guys to post their Old Spice collections!
$IMG_0370.JPG
Left to Right - 75ml made in E.U. • 75ml made in U.S. • 150ml made in E.U. • 100ml Whitewater made in Germany

what's the whitewater like and how old is it? That's one I've never seen.

Very common over here. Cheap, glass bottle too but, and this is a big but, it does not smell anything like the original. It was launched in 1997 as far as I can gather.
There is a new Old Spice 'Champion' out here to coincide with London 2012 and that comes in the same bottle except it's a terrible green colour! Again it does not smell anything like the original.
The original is still the best!

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for posting your shave dens - a truly fantastic and inspiring collection!
Here is my den (also my sanctuary :001_smile). Sorry for the bad image quality (yellowish image tint).

$Den01.jpg$Den2.jpg$Den3.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom