What's new

Cross fountain pens - no model type or converter

A local jewelry store had a 'tent sale'. I picked up two cross fountain pens for $20 each. The tags suggest the store sold them for $200 or so. I bought them 'as is' and they didn't have a converter. Not knowing which pens I have, how do I know which converter or which refill cartridge to buy?

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
A local jewelry store had a 'tent sale'. I picked up two cross fountain pens for $20 each. The tags suggest the store sold them for $200 or so. I bought them 'as is' and they didn't have a converter. Not knowing which pens I have, how do I know which converter or which refill cartridge to buy?
Do you have a picture?

All Cross pens take both. It is easier to find cartidges at most of the big box office supply stores. You can get a converter over the internet. Cross makes excellent fountain pens and they have excellent customer service.

Which Cross pens are we talking about?
AFAIK, there are 2 types of Cross converter, and they list on the package with specific models you can use each with.

The Cross website will tell you too.
I had a similar situation. There are two types. One screws in and one doesnt.
i matched mine up with the pictures and found the right one

$New Cross Pens.jpg$New Cross Pens 2.jpg
Here are the pens. Even without getting teh converter, was $20 each a good deal?

The top one looks to be a Townsend. They made them in a lot of different finishes.
It takes the screw in type converter.
The bottom one looks like an Apogee to me. I like the look of it.
I don't know which converter it takes.

Nice score they are good pens.

Yep, it appears they are in fact the Townsend and the Apogee. I'm headed to the Cross website now to order the refills and/or converter.

Very funny. A Cross Townsend with a two-tone nib goes for anywhere from $120 to $300 so to get a new one for $20 is definately a steal.

Top Bottom