What's new

Birthday gift questions...

Aight..so I know this guy who DE shaves..but all of his stuff is vintage/extremely low priced/only available locally. For example he uses VDH yet overpriced CVS mystery blades ($5 for 10). His birthday is coming up soon and I'm thinking of getting him one of the new RazoRock scents. I plan on getting a couple for myself since they're like $4 each.

My question is...which scent do you guys think would appeal to someone who is used to VDH? Or what do you think is the most widely liked scent?
I'm thinking either the new sandalwood or the Don Marco Bergamot Neroli.

I have no idea what the guy's sense of smell is like but I would like to surprise him with something a little..nicer.

EDIT: And his birthday is in mid june~

EDITx2: Apologies if this post is all jumbled up and doesn't make all that much sense..been sick as a dog for the past week and can't think clearly very often.

Last edited:
I think Sandalwood is safe, you might think about adding a couple packs of Blades to compare to the CVS brand he's accustomed to using.

I think Sandalwood is safe, you might think about adding a couple packs of Blades to compare to the CVS brand he's accustomed to using.

I went ahead and got him one of these: http://www.italianbarber.com/razorock-la-famiglia-shaving-soap-don-marco-bergamot-neroli
I already placed the order but am debating if I should toss in a pack of Crystal Platinum Chrome blades that I got from WCS...I don't think I'll be going through 100 of them by myself any time soon. lol

You could buy all the soaps and let him pick. That way, you don't buy him something he doesn't like. You could even do it on the sly, take them in and let him smell them, which ever he likes best could be his gift... I would say a blade sample pack would be the best bet... (I don't know how much you're spending/wanting to spend on him though.)

You could buy all the soaps and let him pick. That way, you don't buy him something he doesn't like. You could even do it on the sly, take them in and let him smell them, which ever he likes best could be his gift... I would say a blade sample pack would be the best bet... (I don't know how much you're spending/wanting to spend on him though.)

+1. 4 soaps, would be under $20 and just add shipping...you are still under $30.

your choice of Don Marco was the one i was going to recommend. i have not smelled the others, but the Don Marco is the most talked about, as it is the most popular TFS version BN. i have the TFS BN and it smells great.

Top Bottom