What's new

what made you buy your coti?...

Just bought my very 1st coti..vintage combo 40x175...I bought my coti as I like using both sides and something about "vintage" was appealing to me..so why did you get yours?..price/size/good deal?

Just bought my very 1st coti..vintage combo 40x175...I bought my coti as I like using both sides and something about "vintage" was appealing to me..so why did you get yours?..price/size/good deal?

I got mine because everyone said I should get one. While it is a good stone and it is versatile, I do not prefer it if I'm doing lots of razors. A hone progression is much quicker for me. Fair dues - I can use the Coti but I haven't tried to master it. Other stones are just easier to get to the endpoint. I won't mention lapping film... nope... talked about it too much... won't say another word about that... no sir...

peer pressure man... it was that damn peer pressure got me..... my gateway drug was a 1k6k king man.... then fore you know it i was c12k'ing.. then the welsh slates and lynn melylynn and dragon tongue man..... then i tried the coti.... now i got it bad man.... i uses all them man....

man its hard out here on the streets man.... tryin to find the stones man.... always getting hasseled by the man, man....

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
The promise of smooth edges and a cheaper price point than a Jnat is what got me.

Come on Nick was that slab you bought really your first coticule?

I bought my first because it was a $12 175x44 natural combo.

Oh, no it wasn't. I thought this was more generally speaking.

I still have my first coti. It's a La Veinette combo. I got it from Jarrod because I thought it would be pretty versatile

A $12 natural combo? Are you sure you didn't overpay :lol:

The idea of a one size fits all - it's just such a clean and simple idea.

The idea that it was a natural product helped as did the history behind them. Knowing so many had used one before me... It's attractiveness rounded out the sale.

That was why I got my first one anyway. I got my second after figuring out my first and discovering how well they really work!

peer pressure man... it was that damn peer pressure got me..... my gateway drug was a 1k6k king man.... then fore you know it i was c12k'ing.. then the welsh slates and lynn melylynn and dragon tongue man..... then i tried the coti.... now i got it bad man.... i uses all them man....

man its hard out here on the streets man.... tryin to find the stones man.... always getting hasseled by the man, man....

proxy.php

I smoke rocks Joe Rogan!

I can't remember. It's been two and a half years since I did, though, and I don't regret it. It did help that coticule.be was just starting out.

~~~~It's the best straight razor sharpening system in the world
proxy.php

and they're so damn sexy

Best,

Jake
Reddick Fla.

I had the opportunity to go visit Jarrod of TSS and hand pick a coticule off his shelf. We discussed various rocks at length and I ended up with a nice Dressante. Coticules are very good at what they do, they produce a very skin-friendly edge (best way I can categorize it). Honing professionally means I can write it off as a "business investment", which will indeed pay for itself after a handful of razors. It also means I can offer guys the choice between finishing their razor on a synthetic edge off waterstones or a natural edge off a coticule.

I had the opportunity to go visit Jarrod of TSS and hand pick a coticule off his shelf. We discussed various rocks at length and I ended up with a nice Dressante. Coticules are very good at what they do, they produce a very skin-friendly edge (best way I can categorize it). Honing professionally means I can write it off as a "business investment", which will indeed pay for itself after a handful of razors. It also means I can offer guys the choice between finishing their razor on a synthetic edge off waterstones or a natural edge off a coticule.

Are you a honemeister? There is a guy looking for one here if you can help.

Legion

Staff member
I'm going to go with peer pressure. B&B facilitators. But I was lucky enough to swap my first one for one of my strops, from a stand-up member here. That was the gateway drug. I now have about seven or eight.

i bought it because that's the only razor stone i found even i didn't know it was a vintage coti. size 4*2 and paid 25 bucks. i am damn lucky.

Top Bottom