What's new

Bic Chrome Platinum

I got a 5 pack of these guys from a PIF, anyone ever use these ? im going to eventually toss one in a DE and take it out for a spin, but was still wondering if these are a quality blade if anyone uses them as a go to edge, or if they are probably meant for the trash bin so dont use it in an OC or anything to aggressive lol
$IMG_20120517_211543.jpg

Well i guess if i don't hear about these guys soon, it means one of two things

1. They are not that popular and thus, dont get talked about much so maybe i should do a review !
2. they are so bad and there are a lot of people whose mothers told them "if you have nothing nice to type, then type nothing at all"

Im going to assume number one though, and give these little guys a chance

Hi Syngent: I have those Bic CPs in my sample pack but I haven't used it yet. Keep us posted when ya take it 4 a spin.

WARHAWK

They're quite decent for me--sharp but not Feather-sharp, on the rough side but maybe not Merkur-rough--but, while I could be happy shaving with them, for me there are much better blades for the same price or less.

wow they are not cheap blades either twice the price of astra sp's, at best shave anyway, though they are pretty looking lol, think they put more money into what the blades look like and packaging then the blade itself maybe, ill give them a fair chance still though, but good to know

I guess I'll give them a go tonight. They've been in my blade pile for too long.
after just catching your sharpest blade thread, im very curious to see what you have to say,... you have a few blades your pics i love,.. most i havent tried and then these little guys

I acquired a couple of them in a blade trade and they felt very... flimsy. It's like the steel has too much give. I want to say that I tossed the one I used after two shaves tops. I have the other one that I will revisit later.

YMWV, and it doesn't hurt to try them. But I think there are better blades for the price.

well i got my astra order from bestshave i added a bunch of supermax blade types to try out, so if these are a let down i have some blades to look forward to

I also have a pack of these. Mixed opinions about them on the forum. But I guess as usual it's best to try for yourself.

They were in the top half from all of the blades in my large sampler. The only reason I wouldn't order them in bulk is that there were blades that I liked as well or better that were significantly cheaper. IMO, they're shave worthy.

I bought them and I tested one. Verdict: They are sharp but it was a rough shave. I would say they were a bit of a chore to use and an Astra SP is like using no blade in comparison.
I felt a bit raw after the BIC and it gave me a few cuts in places the Astra would never even dream of doing. Funny thing is I have shaved with a cheap BIC disposable single blade, you know the multipack lightweight plastic ones with the wire blade guard that feels like it's going to snap it's so flimsy, and it was fantastic, but that was then and this is now! I will not use BIC DE again but the packet looks cool in my DE assortment box!

I acquired a couple of them in a blade trade and they felt very... flimsy. It's like the steel has too much give. I want to say that I tossed the one I used after two shaves tops. I have the other one that I will revisit later.

YMWV, and it doesn't hurt to try them. But I think there are better blades for the price.

thin and flimsy in a blade is not a bad trait.The old Gillette super blue carbons were very thin and flimsy,but superior in every way..

I get 3 decent shaves from the BICS...A lot depends on your razor and your prep work,I say this is a good but average blade.

Top Bottom