What's new

Col. Conk Storage?

So, I just used my Col. Conk Amber this morning. As I was in a hurry, and pretty unsure as to what else to do, I just left it in the plastic and lathered from the top. My question is, how should I store it now? I guess I could just leave it as it is, but that doesn't seem right. I don't have a bowl or anything right now, though I suppose I could stick it in the bottom of a mug. If I do that, do I need to cover the mug? I have only used Proaso and another self-contained soap until now, and have never used a puck before.
This may be a silly question, but I am very new to this still. Any suggestions? Thanks.

If you put the puck in a mug, microwave for 20 seconds and cool you will have a perfect mug to lather in. There are other/better options, but it is a good start!

I would lather it from the top as well, and I left mine in the plastic container that it came in. When i hit the bottom I melted it in the microwave so it could "re-puck" in the same container.:thumbup1:

Theres no right or wrong way to store it.

Make sure you rinse it off and dry it before you put it away tho. Any left over lather or moisture can ruin the rest of the soap.

The answer is apparent...

Col Conk onyx bowl of course

proxy.php

I just put mine in a hot chocolate mug and load my brush as such. I used to use the hot chocolate mug to lather too, but went through the soap very quickly. I have been considering leaving it in the plastic so I could try the different 'flavors' of the Col's. (So far only Almond, but that was good!)

How well did it work loading in the plastic?

It loaded pretty well. I just face lather for the most part, and I certainly got enough to get the job done. There was a bit to clean up, though.

How well did it work loading in the plastic?[/QUOTE]

You can just leave a puck of soap in whatever container you feel like, the only thing that will hurt it is heating/microwaving.
Otherwise, just letting it sit uncovered is fine for it.

No need for it to be sealed.

I only have one "airtight" soap container, and I found that I frequently leave the lid ajar to allow the soap to vent/dry between uses.
Main reason I got that container was for travel, but I think face lathering with a stick is going to be a better way to go for travel and eliminate the bowl.

I left mine in the package, rinsed off of course. I also found the best way to load it was to slip it out of the package and hold it in my hand as I load with the brush. I pick up more product faster this way.

I left mine in the package, rinsed off of course. I also found the best way to load it was to slip it out of the package and hold it in my hand as I load with the brush. I pick up more product faster this way.

If you're going that far, take it to the next step and rub the wetted puck directly on your face. It's like a shave stick on steroids.

I use some plastic, Ziplock 8 oz bowls from the local market. Very cheap. And if you put the lids on, they can be stacked easily. Very handy if one has a lot of samples. :blushing:

Don't listen to the uncultured heathens:tongue_sm, store your soaps properly.

Yes, you can leave the soap in that crummy plastic container if you want and risk your guests thinking you leave your garbage on the counter, or melt the soap into that old "world's best sister" mug that you have lying around, or just put a screw halfway into the wall and then jam the puck onto it whenever you are done. But, you shouldn't. Find a good storage solution that you can use for a number of soaps. Many of us prefer this kind of container that seals well, looks nice, and is stackable. Just gently, at low low heat, melt that Conk right in (melting does not work for all soaps, but it does for these).
$Pyrex-1-Cup-Round-Storage-Container.jpg

Here's my Amber Conk microwaved in an OS mug.
BTW a glass lid from a candle container fits the OS mug pretty well, and it look stylish.

$mfweb3.jpg

Top Bottom