What's new

Jinkoh To Byakudan

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
I picked up a sample of this scent after seeing Evan recommend it. I have to say that the 0.5ml sample is rather thick like honey. Is there anything special that I have to do with this before wearing? I am assuming this is a concentrated scent and a little will go a long way. I only wish I hadn't of sprayed Penhaligons Douro before I received the sample. I'll be wearing this tomorrow.

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
Well this is an interesting scent. I have a few takes on it. I smell sandalwood, but it is a bit faint. There is a campfire/fireplace note as well. The smell reminds me of a fire at the end of its life when it is basically embers. I am liking it, but really get blasted with wood, wood, and more wood. Not that it is a bad thing.

Have any of you actually purchased the 2.5ml bottle for 190+? How long does this small quantity last you?

I just dabbed a bit on, on my way home. Ill give it a good wear tonight and check back in again.

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
Well I catch the faint whiff of the scent very now and again. I like it, in that it's a nice earthy smell. I was told by everyone today I smelled like an incense/head shop. I don't think it went over too well with coworkers

Yes, I bought a full bottle (1/4 tolah) of B2K. It smells that good! For me the sandalwood and the oud oils were intertwined like a braided rope. Sometimes the sandalwood would be more prominent and sometimes the oud would be more prominent. But I almost always picked up a creamy but smoky rich woody-incense. I wear it to work without a problem but I may not be using as much as you. I dip the tip of the stick into the oil and wipe it on the back of my wrist. Then I rub my wrists together and spread the oil about. That's it!

Did you get any other samples?

Yes, I bought a full bottle (1/4 tolah) of B2K. It smells that good! For me the sandalwood and the oud oils were intertwined like a braided rope.

+1. I bought a full bottle too, sight un...smelled? :w00t: And I don't regret it. To my nose, the stuff's amazing. I get a very pronounced sandalwood note right from the beginning, so I'm a little puzzled as to why you wouldn't smell it (unless you put on the tiniest dab).

If I used this frag every single day, which I don't, I'd estimate the 2.5ml bottle would last me close to a year. A little dab'll do ya.

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
i did two finger dabs on my neck. I can't do the radial pulse points because i frequently hand wash at work. I do smell the sandalwood for sure, and I do like the scent, but I didn't find the longevity to be that great. I received one compliment and two smoke stand comments.

I may look into buying it, but want to definitely try out the sample a bit more.

Any other recommendations of samples like this?

I'm really enjoying all of Agar Aura's Mukhallats - Layali and Khashab are both amazing on my skin as well.

From Agar Aura's Oud Oil selection I have only tried Borneo Symphony and Oud Kampuchea. It may take some time for me to warm up to Borneo Symphony but Oud Kampuchea is absolutely incredible and my favorite so far.

My bottle arrived yesterday so of course the first thing I did last night was put a dab on my wrists and rub them together to smear the oil around. Then I settled down with a good book (Fairytales and Folklore of Japan) and let my world dissolve. Mesmerizing!

My bottle arrived yesterday so of course the first thing I did last night was put a dab on my wrists and rub them together to smear the oil around. Then I settled down with a good book (Fairytales and Folklore of Japan) and let my world dissolve. Mesmerizing!

I can't add anything to your choice of fragrance, but you should try "Tales of Tono" by Yanagita Kunio if you like Japanese folktales. Haunting.

Smell like a head shop?
The younger me would have said "cool"
The adult, married with children me says "no thanks"

The campfire thing is interesting though.
I am so very tempted to try it, but I have other things on the go right now.

I can't add anything to your choice of fragrance, but you should try "Tales of Tono" by Yanagita Kunio if you like Japanese folktales. Haunting.

Thanks for the tip, I'll put it on the list. I'm currently searching for two volumes of fairy tales and folk lore published by Miyoko Matsutani. Apparently she collected two volumes of fairy tales from the Hokkaido region before she started writing children's stories based on the tales she collected. But I don't mean to highjack the thread.

Thanks for the tip, I'll put it on the list. I'm currently searching for two volumes of fairy tales and folk lore published by Miyoko Matsutani. Apparently she collected two volumes of fairy tales from the Hokkaido region before she started writing children's stories based on the tales she collected. But I don't mean to highjack the thread.

+1. Lived in Honshu for 2 years. Love these stories.

Wore my sample of J2B today. I'm a huge fan after one wearing. A great sandalwood. Wears very close to the skin, but what a skin scent it is. I was immediately calmed and found myself sitting in court sniffing my wrist!

Top Bottom