What's new

Is Lynn Abrams still Honing for Hire ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hone-Shyster?

Head through the drive-through at McDonalds and refuse to move on until they make you a large thin and crispy with extra anchovy's, plus a serve of garlic bread. Then scream "The customer is always right!!!" into the speaker. They love that.

Last edited by a moderator:
i am the grand poobah of honing!

Look upon my works, oh ye mighty and despair!!!

Lowly honemeisters are but bothersome gnats nipping at my ankles as i exist upon the rarified air of single micron excellence.

Pay no attention to that pasted cotton belt behind that curtain! Honing razors is no simple thing! No! We must have obfuscation, hyperbole, innuendo, and bravado!

rrrrrrrrrrrabble!!!!!!

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Gents, just a gentle reminder that the point of this thread isn't to make fun of another site or its members. It's about making fun of Slash McCoy's excessive use of tape for his spines.

When did he become "the best Honemeister"? After all, he can't even get a GD to shave properly. WE CAN. HE doesn't even think it is possible. We don't see any problem.
That's because HE is selling $200+ blades.... We don't.

If your livelihood were based on selling $200-$800 razors, would you admit that you are able to get a Pakistani piece of mystery-metal to shave just as well?
You can't make your living sitting there doing $20 Pyramid Hone jobs.

hmmmm..... where is that breakdown on how many razors he would have had to hone daily over the 15yrs to equal the "in excess of 40,000" he has honed...

and if i remember correctly he was picking up a tidy $53k in spare cash honing....

wow... wish i could hone like that.... 99% of the time i hone for free.....

need to work on that business plan...

1... hone the razors...
2... ??????
3... PROFIT!!!

The devil is in the details Phase 2. You don't know what Phase 2 is, do you! :lol:

SRD ... the Charles Roberts of Str8 razors. Dubious honor.

While I don't agree with the "pyramid" method, I do have to say that of my 6 straights, all were "professionally honed".
The Wacker Gadsden and the Seraphim Gold Dollar... that's just par for the course.
The other 4, one was a Dovo stainless Pearlex from SRD, and three from two different SoCal shops (not West Coast).

His was the only one of those 4 that arrived with a truly good edge that lasted. The rest, either arrived with a poor edge, or it didn't hold through more than a couple of shaves.

While I don't agree with the "pyramid" method, I do have to say that of my 6 straights, all were "professionally honed".
The Wacker Gadsden and the Seraphim Gold Dollar... that's just par for the course.
The other 4, one was a Dovo stainless Pearlex from SRD, and three from two different SoCal shops (not West Coast).

His was the only one of those 4 that arrived with a truly good edge that lasted. The rest, either arrived with a poor edge, or it didn't hold through more than a couple of shaves.

My Livi regrinds came as rough as a corn cob.

If I went to PepsiCo and asked for a Coca Cola, I'm pretty sure the smart people there would tell me that they have a better beverage to try, Pepsi.

McDonalds had the best pizza! It was and is the best thing they evey honed!

If you leave a McDonalds 1/4 pounder pattie out on the kitchen counter for a week, then lap it flat, it makes an excellent bevel setter.

On the other hand, a Big Mac treated the same way results in an incredibly fast cutting 8K finish. You can use a ketchup slurry for added refinement of the edge.

Actually, Lynn rarely uses the pyramid system anymore. It's a little different. Still good results, though.

I gotta be honest. And, it doesn't really matter as this is just my opinion... And, yes...the other site, to me, gets a little "ban happy" at times for reasons I don't agree with, but I see too much bashing. Here and there. Puts a sour note in my stomach. makes me shy away. I have great friends I've met at both boards that I talk to daily and have met in person. These gentlemen have helped me tremendously. I'd hate for some board bashing to cause someone else to miss out on something great. Okay...I'm stepping down now...as you were. Just had to get that off the ole chest. It's really been bugging me for quite a while. Like I say, probably don't make a whole hill of beans to anyone else, but I feel a little better. Thanks for listening.

I couldn't agree more. This thread seems a a little less gentlemanly than most on here (sarcasm intended). Just my .02.
Actually, Lynn rarely uses the pyramid system anymore. It's a little different. Still good results, though.

I gotta be honest. And, it doesn't really matter as this is just my opinion... And, yes...the other site, to me, gets a little "ban happy" at times for reasons I don't agree with, but I see too much bashing. Here and there. Puts a sour note in my stomach. makes me shy away. I have great friends I've met at both boards that I talk to daily and have met in person. These gentlemen have helped me tremendously. I'd hate for some board bashing to cause someone else to miss out on something great. Okay...I'm stepping down now...as you were. Just had to get that off the ole chest. It's really been bugging me for quite a while. Like I say, probably don't make a whole hill of beans to anyone else, but I feel a little better. Thanks for listening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom