What's new

Small PIF but interesting none the less

If you haven't gotten a straight, let me know. I have one I'll give you. It's ready to go. You need a strop, that's it. If you have, I'll save it for someone else.

If you haven't gotten a straight, let me know. I have one I'll give you. It's ready to go. You need a strop, that's it. If you have, I'll save it for someone else.

Thank you for the kind offer Sir. I have indeed received a ready razor and strop from Cap to get my feet wet (or blood aired out).

I had my first full straight shave last night and aside from a 1/4" minuscule slice it was free from damage. The shave itself was nowhere near what I have come to enjoy with my DEs and SEs but not as bad as I thought. I fought the newbie urge to proclaim "Dull razor" after I took on of my Wife's hairs off a brush and hang cut it like nothing!

+1 on Cap'ts offer. Would love to see the article too. Best advise I can give (if not mentioned before). Wear pants when stropping! And, we won't even start down that SRAD path......

Here us the reaponce I got from the publisher. I'll post as soon as I get the PDF.

I'll be happy to send you a PDF that you can post with a link and appropriate contact information in hopes that we might sell a subscription or two. We don't run many razor articles these days, used to run one almost every month but eventually figured out that we weren't getting support from the razor community so we moved on. Of course the razor community has changed a lot in the last 10-12 years since then.

Mark Zalesky
Editor

Just the response we could hope for. Cool, looking forward to it, and yes, I bet it has changed a great deal in the past decade+.

Top Bottom