What's new

Discussion for C-M Almond Review

Harsh.. :)

So, I had the same feeling the first time I used C&E Sweet Almond. I since tried different blade and preshave combo's and now rate it as "decent", better than any of the soaps, comparable to the WAY cheaper KMF Moisture Shaves, but nowhere near the English creams...

Can anyone with this and C&E compare and contrast?

-S

(note: I did try the C&E tube first, then used the glass jar subsequent times... If that made any difference..)

C&E is perhaps one of my top three creams. CM is in the bottom three. There is no comparison. The only thing CM beats C&E on is the scent. C&E is a raw almond scent, if you took a raw almond nut from the shell and broke it in half then there you would have the scent of C&E. It is not the Amaretto scent that most of the others have and I am partial to but is such a great cream besides that, that it makes my top 3. I really wish everyone would take thier expectations of the C&E and not think of it as an Amaretto scent. That always seems to be the biggest knock on the C&E is that it doesn't smell like Amaretto. Well if you don't expect it to smell that way then most would be happy with it.

As far as the CM is concerned there is not much positive about it. If it were the only product I ever knew about though it would be better than the canned stuff so take that as my view.

full

Last edited by a moderator:
I absolutely love the smell of this stuff, whenever I walk by the store I go in just to smell this. never bought any though. thats really too bad, and disappointing that it doesn't shave well at all.

I picked up a tube last week at Marshall's for $2.99 along with a bottle of Zirh Soothe for $1.00.:w00t:

I thought that I had scored big time until I tried it. I couldn't get a good lather at all. It was just terrible, I thought that maybe I got a bad batch until I came here and read the reviews and saw that that's just the nature of the beast.

Well, yesterday I decided to use it not for what it says it is, but for what it actually is: an Non-Lathering cream.

So I put my brush and HD away, and after softening my whiskers with warm water I just rubbed this stuff on with my fingers and shaved with a Quattro. It worked. I got a good, close shave, no irritation, better than other non-lathering creams I've used. It is very slick and the razor just glides very smoothly.

So I'll keep it for those days when I just want a quick shave.

I've posted this before. In addition to the poor lather/lubrication, the C-M Almond shave cream will put a big-time burn on your face.

Never had such a reaction as with this stuff; man, that C-M Almond is like napalm. :mad5: Others have posted similarly.

-- John Gehman

OldSaw

The wife's investment
I've posted this before. In addition to the poor lather/lubrication, the C-M Almond shave cream will put a big-time burn on your face.

Never had such a reaction as with this stuff; man, that C-M Almond is like napalm. :mad5: Others have posted similarly.

-- John Gehman

Is this the discussion thread for Caswell Masochist? :biggrin:

The only CM product I've seen anyone say positive things about are some of their colognes such as Jockey Club and Tricorn. I've not tried them myself. There is a store near me that stocks the shaving items and I've steered clear because I read the reviews saying how bad they were. CM has been around awhile, you'd think they'd at least try to test their shaving products.

Top Bottom