Morning Coffee: Hills Brothers Original Blend
Prep: Wash face with Musgo Real Glyce Lime
Razor: Schick G1
Blade: Schick
Soap: Klar Kabinett
Brush: Simpsons Duke 2
Scuttle: Dirty Bird 1.5

View attachment 210096

Superb brush, superb lather, superb pic and, I'm pretty sure, superb shave too! Excellent, Johnny!

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
proxy.php

Kikuboshi Special | Nomad + DR Harris Lavender | Simpson Chubby 2 | Thayers Lavender | Sabon ASB | Hermessence Santal Massoia​

I hadn't shaved since Thursday, so I was really looking forward to this shave! The Nomad/Harris überlather was sheer heaven. The woodiness of the Nomad combined perfectly with the lavender scent of the DR Harris. And we are all familiar with how these two top-shelf products perform separately. Let me tell you, they are even better in combination. The thick luxurious lather was applied with the Simpson 2-band Chubby, which felt like a pillow on my face. The razor, for its part, was impeccable. These Japanese western style straights really take a buttery smooth, yet keen, edge. I was BBS in no time, and ready to go back to work (or at least as ready as I'll ever be)...

Welcome to the 2012 work year!​

What do we expect from Bill, our SOTD Veteran? The very best. And what do we get? The very best! Outstanding photo and beautiful looking razor, Bill! :thumbup1:

What do we expect from Bill, our SOTD Veteran? The very best. And what do we get? The very best! Outstanding photo and beautiful looking razor, Bill! :thumbup1:

Thank you, Marco. I'm looking forward to this theme week as I seem to have a weak spot for things coming from Japan: hones, razors, strops, my wife...

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Rotbart Mond Extra #15 CC
with Astra SP
Kent BK 2 Silvertip
AoS Lavender SC
Alt Innsbruck Pre- and AS Emulsion
Have a nice day! :001_smile

proxy.php

This one is too stunning. Perfection needs no further commentary... AMAZING, Erwin!

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Good morning friends!

PREP: Proraso Preshave Cream
BRUSH: 23 mm Vie-Long 16510 Silvertip Badger Shaving Brush
SOAP/CREAM: La Maison du Barbier Soap
SCUTTLE / BOWL: Fitjar Lathering Up Shaving Bowl
RAZOR: Iwasaki Kamisori
STROP: Kanayama Cordovan # 60.000
SHAVE: 2 passes, WTG / XTG
AS: Floïd (Spanish)
RESULT: Smooth shave

proxy.php

Have a nice day,
Béla

One of your usual and always great shots, Bela!

Great picture David.

How did you get on with the CAde on it's own? Have you figured out how to get a good lather from it yet?

Thanks, Keith:001_smile SUCCESS!!!:thumbup: This new Thater is a miracle brush! Got fantastic lather, enough for 3 passes easily, and no drying out as is usually the case. I took a wet brush as always, but from the very second I started to swirl the brush, I knew what the outcome was going to be! I LOVE this Thater, and it could quite easily become my ONLY brush. I can see a second one appearing very soon!!:thumbup::thumbup:

Good morning friends!

PREP: Proraso Preshave Cream
BRUSH: 23 mm Vie-Long 16510 Silvertip Badger Shaving Brush
SOAP/CREAM: La Maison du Barbier Soap
SCUTTLE / BOWL: Fitjar Lathering Up Shaving Bowl
RAZOR: Iwasaki Kamisori
STROP: Kanayama Cordovan # 60.000
SHAVE: 2 passes, WTG / XTG
AS: Floïd (Spanish)
RESULT: Smooth shave

proxy.php

Have a nice day,
Béla

Razor doesn't come anymore Japanese than this, Bela! Superb shave and pic, my friend!:thumbup1:

Thanks, Keith:001_smile SUCCESS!!!:thumbup: This new Thater is a miracle brush! Got fantastic lather, enough for 3 passes easily, and no drying out as is usually the case. I took a wet brush as always, but from the very second I started to swirl the brush, I knew what the outcome was going to be! I LOVE this Thater, and it could quite easily become my ONLY brush. I can see a second one appearing very soon!!:thumbup::thumbup:

Awesome David, I haven't tried my Thater with Cade. That will change tomorrow! :smile:

proxy.php

Kikuboshi Special | Nomad + DR Harris Lavender | Simpson Chubby 2 | Thayers Lavender | Sabon ASB | Hermessence Santal Massoia​

I hadn't shaved since Thursday, so I was really looking forward to this shave! The Nomad/Harris überlather was sheer heaven. The woodiness of the Nomad combined perfectly with the lavender scent of the DR Harris. And we are all familiar with how these two top-shelf products perform separately. Let me tell you, they are even better in combination. The thick luxurious lather was applied with the Simpson 2-band Chubby, which felt like a pillow on my face. The razor, for its part, was impeccable. These Japanese western style straights really take a buttery smooth, yet keen, edge. I was BBS in no time, and ready to go back to work (or at least as ready as I'll ever be)...

Welcome to the 2012 work year!​

Sounds divine, Bill!:001_wub: I have to agree that these Japanese western straights take a superb edge(even I can achieve that with them!!!:wink2:) and I could live with these as my only ones quite easily. Is that another one of your wife's paintings there? I know she has quite a talent from what I've seen in the past also!:thumbup:

Tuesday

Music
Tchaikovsky - 1812 Overture conducted by Sir George Solti

Hardware
Proshave Scuttle
Semogue 2011 LE, Finest badger 2
7/8" Wacker Jugendstil

Software
Kappus Nautik Shaving Cream
(thank you Santa Erwin :wink:)
Williams Ice Blue After Shave
T&H Freshman Cologne

Have a nice day, Gentlemen :001_smile

proxy.php

A very fine arrangement you have here, Soren, and the Waker looks fantastic!:thumbup1:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom