Emulsión Myrsol
Semogle LE 2010 Selected Silvertip #77
Martin de Candre
Mühle R89
Derby Extra
Thayers Witch Hazel lavender
The Art of Shaving Lavender Balm

proxy.php

A 2012 full of happiness and joy for you all!!!

MdC for New Year's Day is a winner, Emanuel!:thumbup1:

via Slivovitz

Totally out of the habit of any SOTD post, let alone a photo, but for the occasion...

proxy.php

Gem Junior Bar
CVS Blade
Valobra Stick (in a mug)
Omega Professional Boar

Love the books and shave gear!

So you did, Robert:sneaky2:...I missed that one! Got my first bag of CrOx last week, and used yesterday after honing my Japanese straights for this coming week. Mucky stuff, isn't it!!

Which CrOx did you get (congrats btw :thumbup1:)? What medium did you apply it too (Balsa wood, leather strop, felt, linen, etc...)? Kremer Pigments has some of the best for very cheap :001_wub:. It is 0.3µ size and the distribution of particle sizes is amongst the best I have seen out there. When used correctly, it is amazing stuff. Best refresher pigment there is, imo :001_smile

Which CrOx did you get (congrats btw :thumbup1:)? What medium did you apply it too (Balsa wood, leather strop, felt, linen, etc...)? Kremer Pigments has some of the best for very cheap :001_wub:. It is 0.3µ size and the distribution of particle sizes is amongst the best I have seen out there. When used correctly, it is amazing stuff. Best refresher pigment there is, imo :001_smile

I bought it from Neil...http://www.strop-shop.co.uk/product/Chrome_Oxide_Powder_-_5g_CROX50 I didn't realise there were different kinds! I put it on the paddle strop I started out with. Ridiculously small after the hanging strop but I think I succeeded. Will find out tomorrow with my FON Golden Star.

Looks as if you may have had a good night, last night, Soren....good party was it??!!! And Arlington this morning/afternoon(do you know which??:wink2::lol::lol:) Heaven:001_wub::001_wub:

Happy New Year!:001_smile:thumbup:

I had a great last night of 2011 - great party with a three course dinner (pea soup - haunch of venison (Scottish deer) - classic French chocolate mousse w/sweet fruits), a couple of good beers (I'm not a wine man) to the first two courses and a very nice LBV Port for the mousse. And of course champagne at midnight :biggrin1:

The Arlington was used in the morning (for me), but others might have another opinion as it was about noon before I could manage to roll out of bed :001_smile - I'm thinking this new 2012 thing is having a whole other way of telling time than I'm used to :tongue_sm :lol:
Well, doesn't matter I have been totally enjoying myself today, finishing off the Port from last night, listening to Ella and just relaxing - not a bad start to 2012 at all :001_smile

I hope you had a good New Years Eve too and stepped/hopped/danced into the new year without any problems :001_smile

I had a great last night of 2011 - great party with a three course dinner (pea soup - haunch of venison (Scottish deer) - classic French chocolate mousse w/sweet fruits), a couple of good beers (I'm not a wine man) to the first two courses and a very nice LBV Port for the mousse. And of course champagne at midnight :biggrin1:

The Arlington was used in the morning (for me), but others might have another opinion as it was about noon before I could manage to roll out of bed :001_smile - I'm thinking this new 2012 thing is having a whole other way of telling time than I'm used to :tongue_sm :lol:
Well, doesn't matter I have been totally enjoying myself today, finishing off the Port from last night, listening to Ella and just relaxing - not a bad start to 2012 at all :001_smile

I hope you had a good New Years Eve too and stepped/hopped/danced into the new year without any problems :001_smile

Well, after all that, Soren, you made my evening sound very uneventful.:001_huh: At home, saw the New Year in, watched the firework display over London, and in bed by 12.30!!

I bought it from Neil...http://www.strop-shop.co.uk/product/Chrome_Oxide_Powder_-_5g_CROX50 I didn't realise there were different kinds! I put it on the paddle strop I started out with. Ridiculously small after the hanging strop but I think I succeeded. Will find out tomorrow with my FON Golden Star.

Neil is an amazing gentleman. I think most CrOx come in 0.5µ size (average distribution). The Kremer one is the only one that I know that sells it in 0.3µ size. Either way, yours will be amazing nonethless. Have FON with the FON tomorrow. Looking forward to your assessment

The first week of the new year will be entirely dedicated to The Land of the Rising Sun. Japan is not only a wonderful place, but also a country of thousand-year-old wisdom and knowledge. From the legendary Samurai swords to the current JNats and hand-made honing stones, I'm pretty sure our straight razor fans will enjoy this themed week. Please add in your always stunning shots all the Japanese shaving stuff you own and love! :001_wub:

proxy.php

Terrific way to start off a new theme, Maestro!
13/16 FON Golden Star, Full Hollow Ground, Square Point
Imperial Shave Pegasus III Strop
Rooney 3/1 Silvertip
Castle Forbes Lime Essential Oil Shaving Cream
:001_wub:
Alum Block
Proraso Splash
C&E West Indian Lime Cologne

proxy.php

Beautiful SOTD, David. How did you find the FON after your adventures with CrOx?

Mühle R 106 CC
with Laser Ultra Blade (1)
Hans Baier 24mm Silvertip
Gillette SC
Acca Kappa ASB
Acca Kappa ADC

Have a nice day! :001_smile

proxy.php

Lovely image!
This morning:

- Veleiro Pre-Shave Soap
- Proraso Crema Pre & Dopo Barba
- Provence Santé Green Tea Shaving Soap
- Semogue Limited Edition 2011 Finest Badger Size 1
- Merkur 45 Bakelit with Red Personna (2)
- Tüff herb Rasierwasser
- The Handmade Soap Company After Shave Soothing Cream

proxy.php

I love the colors and everything else about this shot!

Nice way to start the new week!

Beautiful SOTD, David. How did you find the FON after your adventures with CrOx?

Thank you, Bill:001_smile
This morning's shave was THE best experience with this FON so far. It came originally shave ready from Jim at EasternSmooth, and I thought it was wonderful. A few shaves on and it was definitely losing its edge quite a bit. So saturday I put it on the Naniwas 8k and 12k, followed by the CroX for 15 laps, and all I can say is WOW!!!
No idea if the CrOx had anything to do with it though.:001_unsur I did the same with my Toyo SB, so tomorrow will be the judge I think, as that was definitely dulling last time I used it.

The first week of the new year will be entirely dedicated to The Land of the Rising Sun. Japan is not only a wonderful place, but also a country of thousand-year-old wisdom and knowledge. From the legendary Samurai swords to the current JNats and hand-made honing stones, I'm pretty sure our straight razor fans will enjoy this themed week. Please add in your always stunning shots all the Japanese shaving stuff you own and love! :001_wub:

proxy.php

An excellent start, Marco, to what feel is going to be a wonderful week, and beginning of a new year!:001_smile:thumbup1:

Mühle R 106 CC
with Laser Ultra Blade (1)
Hans Baier 24mm Silvertip
Gillette SC
Acca Kappa ASB
Acca Kappa ADC

Have a nice day! :001_smile

proxy.php

A glorious pic, Erwin!:thumbup1: How do you find the staying power of the AK White Moss cologne? I got it for Christmas, adore the scent, but its all gone in just 5 minutes or so on me!:001_huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom