What's new

Likes and Dislikes on Mama Bear Soaps

I wonder sometimes if the "reactions" are on subsequent passes or the initial. It seems a little unfair to offer up bad press about a soap if you are on your third pass and your face is potentially irritated or sensitive due to factors other than the soap. I don't mention this toward anyone specific, it's just a thought I've had when reading several threads on reactions and not just with Mama Bears.

All her soaps are top notch. However I have came across one that is not a fav. The sandalwood rose it reminds me of Avon rose.

I wonder sometimes if the "reactions" are on subsequent passes or the initial. It seems a little unfair to offer up bad press about a soap if you are on your third pass and your face is potentially irritated or sensitive due to factors other than the soap. I don't mention this toward anyone specific, it's just a thought I've had when reading several threads on reactions and not just with Mama Bears.

+1

I think we put so much stress on two and three shave passes that sometimes it goes overlooked that maybe the technique is to blame. Having said that, I am apparently the only one who doesn't like Dragon's Blood. It may the the only Mama Bear that I disliked enough to get rid of rather than use.

I didn't care for the aromatic pipe tobacco, but considering I've bought about 40 of them, that's pretty good odds!! If you like coffee scents I'd try Turkish Mocha, that may well be my favorite. Happy hunting.

Of course my absolute favorite is the Aromatic Pipe Tobacco. I also like "Ancient Spice" (Old Spice) and "Brute" (Brut). But then I haven't found any I don't like, just ones I like better than others.

The only scents I disliked were Sensual and Spicey Lime. I enjoy patchouli but not enjoy hers even though its a single note fragrance. I also disliked Neroli which smelled like tree bark. I got a Diogenes club that smelled like nothing. Must've missed the fragrance oils in that tub. There are so many that I love its hard to list. Tuscan memories, rosemary mint, christmas forest, and awakenings are my favorite.

P

pdillon

I wonder sometimes if the "reactions" are on subsequent passes or the initial. It seems a little unfair to offer up bad press about a soap if you are on your third pass and your face is potentially irritated or sensitive due to factors other than the soap.

That was my experience. It burned on the second pass more than the first. Like I said, it was only my second soap: as I got better at technique the sensation stopped occurring.

Top Bottom